Plugin Recommendations?

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Plugin Recommendations?

Postby Merrie » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:02 pm

I was wondering what would you old timers (grins) recommend for any of the current plugins? What do you consider important? Is there one that really helps out?
Registered User - Full Edition - Commercial
Windows 7
Merrie

Postby juhuwoorps » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:11 pm

It considers what you want to to do!
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby reneuend » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:14 pm

I wow! I love this question!

Get ALLLLLLL of ShadowHunter's plugins. but most of all get Keyguard. I like Hotspot magic too.

If you want to do cubic panorama then get that plugin. Basically the user has a moving scene instead of a static one. Very nice, but I hear there is a learning curve. I'm going to start learning this one myself along with 3D modeling.

Lyberodoggy has written several and has packaged it nicely. He needs to updated it for Win7 though. Send him a PM and tell him to get busy on it! :-)

I wrote AMJournal and soon to be released, AMLoadSaveGame, which will give you a customized save and load to your game.

Lots of them I know, but I would definitely start with KeyGuard.

Now people are going to say, "it depends on what you want to do!". But, if you are like me, I'm not sure but I'll know after I experiment with them!

good luck...definitely check out my tutorials on keyguard to start with.

edit: I'm an oldtimer too! :-)
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby juhuwoorps » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:24 pm

Thanks you have noticed my KeyguardHelper tools or other stuff I made for AM!
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby reneuend » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:35 pm

sorry Juhu. I don't mean to exclude anyone's work.

There needs to be a list of all plugins and tools in one place with description. That would be nice.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby juhuwoorps » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:23 pm

My post was a bit overdosed.
But nearly a year alone here in the forum I'm a bit surprised what happens at the moment;)
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby ShadowHunter » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:06 pm

Yes, it works like magic... I have seen it before... :D

GM posts 5 threads and suddenly the forum resurects :wink:

Glad he did though...

BTW: Thanks for mentioning my plugins, I'm flattered :D

With best regards,

ShAdOwHuNtEr
ShadowHunter
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby reneuend » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:12 pm

GM fixed AM for Windows7 (for the most part) and I (for one) resurrected! :wink:
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby juhuwoorps » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:20 pm

And don't forget particle+ the most ignored but most beautiful plugin you can get for AM :)

Sorry for my bad posts but I was so sad as AM4.6.0 realeased and no one seems to recognize it.

All threads about "going another way" and "try some different as before" had no response.

I'm proud to use AM, and I'm very proud to be a member of this community, but sometimes I don't understand what's going on here.

By the way: I miss a very important member of this forum: Mercedes!
Did anyone hear about her in the last year?

Edit: GM has fixed the most WIN7 issues with AM4.6.0 a year ago!
Last edited by juhuwoorps on Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby Mystery » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:21 pm

I think the insecurity in the AM community became too big. I for one was short of answers to numerous emails and PMs asking me what was going on...
I'm also happy that we've received official news, and about the revived forums :)

juhuwoorps wrote:Sorry for my bad posts but I was so sad as AM4.6.0 realeased and no one seems to recognize it.

I did recognize it, but it was a beta release 1 year ago, and no news since then.

No, I haven't seen Mercedes at all.
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby juhuwoorps » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:31 pm

And why does the insecurity come too big?
Because all were excited about the new WIN7 and no one has taken a deeper look at AM and WIN7.
The reaction of AM4.6.0 was:
UHH it doesnt work as normal! I'll take my hands of it!

ALL efforts to try it at this time are just a call into the forrest.

No members here in the first 3 months, then no moderators.

The only one I have seen regularly in the last 12 months was Shadowhunter.
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby Lyberodoggy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:50 pm

ShadowHunter wrote:Yes, it works like magic... I have seen it before... :D

Yes I 'm beginning to think that GM stands for GOD-MODE :lol:

Juhu, what we are aiming towards is a new AM. Not just for the Win7 problems, but also to expand features allowing .dll expansions etc. Currently I 'd love to write some plugins but I don't have VB 6 because I have moved to Visual Studio 2010, thus disallowing me to create custom components (.NET doesn't create .OCX)
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby juhuwoorps » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:01 pm

Lyberodoggy wrote:

Juhu, what we are aiming towards is a new AM. Not just for the Win7 problems, but also to expand features allowing .dll expansions etc. Currently I 'd love to write some plugins but I don't have VB 6 because I have moved to Visual Studio 2010, thus disallowing me to create custom components (.NET doesn't create .OCX)

Iknow this! But this also meens to set up AM from the roots.
JasonMc has tried it, but with no result.
I have tried to write a german tutorial how to use AM, and at this time I have seen what work and entusiasm is behind ths engine.
Believe me, I have tried several other game engines, but none of this can keep up with AM.
Last year I have played some really good Adventures or casuals that can be rebuilt with AM.
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby Lyberodoggy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:08 pm

I know juhu, I 've believed in this project since 2007 and it has rewarded me. I 've learned a lot of things and loved this community, even when there were only a few active people around. I 've tried with Jason and the rest of the team to work on another engine but there were a lot of gaps. I too agree that the engine needs to be built up from scratch, but that's an awful lot of work and should take some time.

Till then we are here to continue the work.
I just sometimes get disappointed that several nice projects get cancelled due to obligations/lack of funding/technical difficulties
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby juhuwoorps » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:23 pm

Lyberodoggy wrote:

I have tried to write a german tutorial how to use AM, and at this time I have seen what work and entusiasm is behind ths engine.
Believe me, I have tried several other game engines, but none of this can keep up with AM.
Last year I have played some really good Adventures or casuals that can be rebuilt with AM.
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby Merrie » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:03 am

Well Im actually creating beautiful simple adventure games as I have Poser, Modo and a good photo/art editor. I was looking at the native file formats and am using jpeg, but Im concerned about how images with transparency will work as AM does not support png.

I did see it supports .ico, I thought there was a plugin to allow more picture formats?
Registered User - Full Edition - Commercial
Windows 7
Merrie

Postby juhuwoorps » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:11 am

You can use particle+ plugin for transparency for one hotspot in a frame. but your right: png or psd is not supported with AM
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby JasonMc » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:56 pm

juhuwoorps wrote:
Lyberodoggy wrote:

Not sure why I felt a draw to stop in here today, but it turns out there was a question in regards to one of my plugins.

About Visual Basic...yeah, I actually switched platforms again after I hit my head up against quite a few video and overlay bugs. Now happily programming away in Python, PyGTK, and GStreamer actually (it has native cross-platform). Looking at a 2013 release (as this is a rather large project). So, that's why no one has seen hide nor hair of me.

So, in light of what I've learned over the past year, let me update on what I said back in '10. Don't bother with Visual Basic for point-and-click games. There's even rumors that Microsoft is going to drop the .NET platform. (Oh, lovely.)
-Jason McDonald
Manager, Programmer
MousePaw Games

--
PocketWatch 1.0 Plugin now available in the Plugins Corner!
JasonMc

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion