combining games together

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

combining games together

Postby ianking » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:31 pm

I'm keen to use Adventure Maker with one of my classes, and would like to join the games that the students in my class create together into one large game (They will have built them with specific entry and exit pages)

Is there a way to do this?
ianking

Postby saturn » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:06 pm

I think it can be done by taking the games' source codes & graphics and putting them into one AM project. Else, by using a main AM game to call each game when in need. I am not sure if either of these can be done though or the programming needed.

By the way welcome to the AM Forums :)
-Hey, Saturn! We are leaving!
-Gimme 5 minutes!
-Oh, and tell Rutger so!
-4 minutes!
saturn

Postby reneuend » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:11 pm

Yes. It can be done.

each game will have to have its own unique frame names, images, video files, and sound files. I would suggest placing a prefix in front of each frame that will be unique among the teams. If the teams are going to use VBA, then the subroutines will have to be unique unless they perform the same function, in which case they can share.

After each team is done building their game project, you can use Lyberodoggy's utility to compile all the games into one project. Note: The utiilty will debut in the next AM Magazine which is due out on March 25th.

Welcome to AM forums!

Hey Saturn. Nice to hear from you stranger!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports