Background animation and the 3rd person plugin - trouble

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Background animation and the 3rd person plugin - trouble

Postby xerilon » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:36 pm

Is there any way to make animations appear BEHIND the character? Whenever I import gif images and such, they get in front of the character no matter how far back I arrange them.

I have a scene with a big river which the character should cross. It takes half the screen, and to keep the character out of its zone to hide the overlap would look, well.. not good :/

Computers are powerful today, I think it would be no problem using a full screen video file as background, if possible ,,, tips?
xerilon

Postby xerilon » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:48 pm

Well, I have now tried to replace my gif animations with "rippling water effect" which looks very good at times, but guess what:

It is STILL on top of the character when walking by!

How come? Am I doing something wrong, or is this an inevitable limitation of the engine that forces me have super static backgrounds when using the third person plugin?
xerilon

Postby mercedes » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:59 pm

..I don't know if this will help or not...

http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/vi ... erson+walk

It works on how to make a character walk around an object...Not sure about animated gifs objects..

I was able to maneuver my character..with several hotspots..and precise coordinates..
Something you'll have to try..let us know..:)..I would be curious to see if it works..
mercedes
VIP

Postby xerilon » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:46 pm

Yes I have solved that when it comes to static objects, but what if the lower part of the table was animated? That would need a gif, which means it would put itself on top of the character no matter how you do it :)
xerilon

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports