Project File disappeared??? HELP

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Project File disappeared??? HELP

Postby PanM » Mon May 02, 2011 5:50 pm

Hi, Pan M here and recently wrote about placing an icon for my project on the desktop and Mercedes has answered that (haven't had the time to try it yet) but during the course of investigation this a person suggested that I try a test project and change the .ISS to reflect (userdesktop) which I did. After this test, I lost my old project called EDU-FUN and lost a heck of a lot of work and now this is upsetting me and my apple cart. Any ideas where it went?

I did delete (via Control Panel Add/Delete software) a few of the old setup files for my project on the desktop, but did not go into AM version 4.5.2 in the
Project folders and delete the file EDU-FUN in that folder. So, it is very strange that now I can not find my project. I thought AM saved the projects automatically, and now I am wondering why AM does not have a save file (project) option??????

Any help in locating it would be appreciated.

Pan M
PanM

Postby reneuend » Mon May 02, 2011 10:03 pm

Wow! I've never heard of this happening before!!!

Building test projects wouldn't have caused other projects to delete. I tried to explain that the icon was created after you load the game and not from the compiled executable, but I didn't do was well as Mercedes.

Did you check the Adventure Maker project folder to see if it was still there?

I noticed that the hyphen is still in the project name. I wonder if that might have something to do with it, if it is truly gone?

You might check to see if you have a restore point that you can try and resurrect your files.

You might investigate software that will "undelete" files for you. I used to have one that worked quite well.
---

reneuend
Administrator

deleted project

Postby PanM » Mon May 02, 2011 11:24 pm

Hi, R. I have looked everywhere in search files, and even went to recycle bin and resurrected a couple, but they did not have all of the completed work done, so I went to mediafire and downloaded my own exe project file (it had errors and I wanted to fix), so I am going to see if I can use that somehow.
Will keep looking more though. Thanks for suggestions.

Pan M
PanM

Postby reneuend » Tue May 03, 2011 12:11 am

I use Lyberodoggy's Adventure Maker Project tool. It's very easy to back up files with it!

I hope it works out for you. Nothing more frustrating then losing hours of work!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Project backup tool

Postby PanM » Tue May 03, 2011 12:45 am

Thanks, R.
I will check it out. Have a good one.

Pan M
PanM

Lost project file

Postby PanM » Wed May 04, 2011 11:30 pm

Finally found most of my original files in a remote region of the HDD.
Am I ever happy. :)

Will continue working on the project now. :)

Pan M
PanM

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports