is it possible to make a track shooter with am?

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

is it possible to make a track shooter with am?

Postby Raymond13557 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:52 am

i just got the props made up (health kits strategically placed in random areas) and bad guys drawn up (their ghosts and demons, your playing as a ghost hunter) i'm using my digital camera/video camera to film, i just need help with how to make a health bar and how would you add or is it possible to make bad guys appear in random areas as the hero progresses through the game.
R.
Raymond13557

and...

Postby Raymond13557 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:14 am

i record the main character's cut scenes whereif he got really hurt he'll collapse. (you can click the stars that appear to revive him, the faster you click the more stamina he recovers) or if a enemy delivers a critical hit (there isn't any blood loss your screen will turn red, kids will probably play this too lol.) if you manage to "capture" 9 ghosts in succession you'll see a heart, if you shoot it your stamina triples permanently (like 1000 to 3000) your life meter starts off with 1000 stamina the more ghost hearts you shoot your stamina goes to yellow to orange to red to white (white meaning maximum) if you shoot at a smiley that looks evil you'll gain the invincible powerup, and so on and so forth.
R.
Raymond13557

Postby mercedes » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:33 am

Hi Raymond..Welcome to the forums..:)

Here is a thread to help you get started..Hopefully you have the Full version of AM..?

This one has a demo on in it..
http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3695&highlight=bar

Also..If you open Adventure Maker..;
The links on the left side..there is a Help link there...
There may be something there that might help you get started..

If you still need help..post back..but take a look at that demo..:)
mercedes
VIP

uh... f-full version?!

Postby Raymond13557 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:51 am

um well i... s-sort of dont have it yet, i guess i was trying to coin it without the full version but i have intentions of buying it in due time..
R.
Raymond13557

Postby mercedes » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:46 am

Ok...well you are able to evaluate the full version..
Provided it's 20 frames or under.....and you won't have use of plugins..

So you are able to use it...for what you're looking for..However you will have to gain some knowledge of the language...variables..But that all comes in due time..:) If indeed you don't now..

So definitely evaluate it..and see if you like it..

There are tonss of copy and paste scripts here..in the Tutorial section..Definitely worth a read..

Keep us posted..:)
mercedes
VIP

Postby Lyberodoggy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:49 am

I think mercedes covered what I would say about the HP bar.
To make random enemies appear, you 'd need some predefined positions where the enemy would have some chances to appear.
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

progress so far

Postby Raymond13557 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:18 am

for you lot that are helping me with this project you will be put in the credits at the end of the game, and i will add blooper reels on you tube, so far here is what i got for story:
The player is on his computer and hears a odd sound coming from outside (it's in text, but most of the monsters that you fight will have eerie screeches and such)grabbing his video camera he runs upstairs , this is the first part of the game: the player has to use his camera to take pictures to damage the ectoplasm stability of the ghosts most take like 2 shots bosses take like 3-10 shots, and since this is full motion video you'll probably hear the character huff and breathe hard when tired or grunt or growl when a ghost strikes him. (some are cheap shots but the main character can shake off most strikes and still have a fair amount of stamina left) eventually in your "adventure" you'll find a "super weapon" called the radiant flash (which is just a hyper powered flash light with ultra violet and infared and flash light like settings, but this critically damages the ghosts) and you can find healing items fairly easy unlike most track shooters, since the main character can decide where to go (click the arrows and you'll go there and you'll have lots of time to collect lost goodies, like health kits, power ups and the berserker power up)
but if you select a wrong way, there isn't a instant game over, just a mini-boss fight, against zombies (if they hit you, you wont turn into a zombie, it'll just make the screen turn red.) to fight them you can use your camera but damage you deliver will be a little weak, but with the radiant flash they'll die out right if exposed to the light. the monsters and ghosts are weak to light. this plays a crucial role to defeat bosses, in the garage you have to fight a giant shadow spider, the camera deals fair damage but if you click the light switches you'll severely damage the boss.
more on this game as i can film and explain it.
R.
Raymond13557

Postby Raymond13557 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:26 am

Lyberodoggy wrote:I think mercedes covered what I would say about the HP bar.
To make random enemies appear, you 'd need some predefined positions where the enemy would have some chances to appear.

so i'd have to make custom frames for the enemies to appear at? hmm..
R.
Raymond13557

Postby reneuend » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:26 am

Not custom frames, it would be hotspots. You would load pictures of the enemy in the hotspots randomly....then when you don't want them to show up or they get shot, you would empty the hotspot.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Raymond13557 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:54 am

ah! alright i am making the enemies right now, i'm not the best artist but since you lot are being so kind enough to help me i'll give you a small demo/sample of my game, at very least a screen shot or two, lol.
Attachments
ghost 1.gif
A basic sheet ghost, while a shapeshifter, it usually stays in one form, but equally weak to light, if he hits you you'll only lose 10 stamina, but other than that he is vulnerable to the camera or a good kick! (ok you cant really kick in the game..)
ghost 1.gif (2.05 KiB) Viewed 10408 times
demon.gif
your standard dark demon, he's pretty weak, so one shot of your camera will pwn him.
demon.gif (1.66 KiB) Viewed 10408 times
R.
Raymond13557

Postby reneuend » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:04 am

I like it.....it doesn't have to be modeled...in fact, it shows an artistic style that's your own. Have you played "Texas Shoot em"? Its a game I wrote that I think is about what you are trying to do minus some features you talked about.
---

reneuend
Administrator

also

Postby Raymond13557 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:17 am

the player has a different way of evading attacks, he can say insults to intimidate or make the demons and ghosts either run away or lose some of their power when you click on the scratcher demons you are given 3 options 1. fight!
2. cast protection magic
3. insult!
The main character knows a few protection spells but they wont do that much save for anger the demon or ghost. fighting a ghost or demon can prove costly on your stamina.
now the insult action will probably make the demon laugh at you or make it run away. often enough it will probably run away.
up next, sleep.
Your not a super human in the game, your mortal, consistent fighting will drag on your stamina and when it gets dark the demons will attack with more force and ferocity so your best bet is to play it safe and go to bed at night, if you don't you'll run out of stamina and collapse and have a nightmare.
Dreams:
you'll often have dreams that may have clues on how to beat off demons
in the dreams that you have you don't have to worry about stamina since dreams are automatic movies. but some have crucial elements, like if you see a floating head and it yells at you causing minor sonic damage you'll counter and smash it in it's face with your fist.
nightmares:
if you get ko'd you'll have a nasty nightmare, in this sequence you are being chased by something and it's a full motion movie so you'll have to click on the on screen arrows to find your way out, nothing happens if you get caught but you'll only revive with 50% of your stamina
(this might take me a while to do, but i have 5 years of experience as a you tube movie maker and a game maker so i'll try not to disappoint)
Medical kits and beverages and food:
if at full stamina (thanks for the script help you guys!) you'll gain more stamina by drinking and eating food, however if you use a medical kit when at full stamina it'll just disappear and reappear somewhere else. (so don't use them unless if you really need them!)
R.
Raymond13557

Postby Raymond13557 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:18 am

reneuend wrote:I like it.....it doesn't have to be modeled...in fact, it shows an artistic style that's your own. Have you played "Texas Shoot em"? Its a game I wrote that I think is about what you are trying to do minus some features you talked about.

i intend to, it looks pretty awesome
R.
Raymond13557

Postby reneuend » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:40 am

Well, when you play it, if it's what you are looking for, you are welcome to have the project code. Be warned! It's messy...probably the worst programming structure I've ever done. I was in the process of rewriting it so I could add more scenes, but other stuff took priority.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Raymond13557 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:37 am

that's fine i dont mind messy codes
R.
Raymond13557

Postby reneuend » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:06 am

Well. Okay. but I wish I had time to rewrite it! :-)
I'm not home for the next few days. I'll try to get it to you on Sunday. If you don't get it, please PM me for a reminder....I'm pretty old and tend to forget things! :-)
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Raymond13557 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:06 am

all good, i'm 29, i know how memory is, lol.
R.
Raymond13557

Postby reneuend » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:07 am

Add another 20 years and you'll be 1 year past my age! :P
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Raymond13557 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:20 am

your game is great, it reminded me of that silent scope series.
R.
Raymond13557

Postby reneuend » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:33 pm

thx.

When I get back home on Sunday, I'll send you the project files. If its too confusing, don't be surprised. It was confusing the last time I looked at it too! :-)

I really need to rewrite it so I can easily use a frame as a template for other frames.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion