Ideas Help Please~ :)

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Ideas Help Please~ :)

Postby mercedes » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:46 am

Hey there..:)

What would you do..?

I need the user to type out a specific sentence..or something..
[They have a hint on the frame..They'll most likely know what it is..even without the hint..[I think..]]Because of the puzzle before it..

The only idea I can come up with is;

Write my own letters as pictures so they can click.
Or
Use TEXT...on the frame---Only not sure if I should put the whole alphabet...ect..Same as above..not sure..

Just wondering if there are some ideas out there..

It was ..basically just type out this sentence..and done...Credits appear..

What a mess this is..Not being able to use Textboxobjects..It was so much easier.. I'm at a real loss on how to do this :(
Any ideas..?

T.I.A.
mercedes
VIP

Postby reneuend » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:22 pm

Okay, you asked for it! :)

how about using hotspot magic and turn the whole screen into a word find puzzle. they click on the letters in sequence for each word. If they get one of the words correct, it changes those tiles so they appear highlighted. Better yet, the tiles don't start with letters, but symbols! LOL. That would be very difficult! The puzzle would be similar to the sequence puzzle, but you would have several sequences to track. Slightly more complicated, but would make a nice grande finale! :)

Instead of going straight to the credits, I think the last scene after the final puzzle should give some kind of reward. Of course, this is where a little animated cut scene would be nice. example: open the last door to the outdoors (feeling of freedom), or maybe wake up from a dream. Maybe the easiest thing would be to just have some cheering with "congratulations" on the screen and then cut to the credits.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:10 pm

Is that ever weird u would mention this!..That's what i sort of did..!

I put text on the screen....all in different colors..The same 4 words..written over and over again..

They get to pick any ones they want..
And i want a button to check if they are the right sequence colored words..
Like the sentence i wanted..originally in the Tbo..

... this is where a little animated cut scene would be nice. example: open the last door to the outdoors (feeling of freedom), or maybe wake up from a dream.

And I drew something similar to this the other day!..How ironic.. :D
mercedes
VIP

Postby reneuend » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:47 pm

Awesome! 8)

I'd like to help beta test when you're done if you would like someone to test! Actually, I'll have my daughter do the testing. She's good at puzzles and it would be new to her, which makes the best kind of tester!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion