360 view in games?

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

360 view in games?

Postby time-killer-games » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:20 pm

Hey anyone know what are the a special photography technique that makes 360 views? For example, this flash object:

http://www.sixflags.com/overTexas/assets/images/panoramic/Superman_Up.swf

If not are there any programs that can make digital drawings like this easily?

Thanks!
TKG
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Postby Mystery » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:02 pm

This website gives a very good overview about the techniques, software and tutorials :)
http://www.panoramas.dk/panorama/software.html
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby yazorius » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:22 pm

Hello everybody (sorry for my awful english : I'm french and it's hard to explain a trouble in a foreign langage ^^)

I'm trying to create a 360? video game, but I wondering why I can't use a great resolution of a picture. I've made 360? panoramas, but each time I use them in AdventureMaker, the result pixelise too much (even if my pictures have a large resolution). I was wondering if AM can make 360? game in HD (I've changed the frame size in the project options : but even in 1920/1024, it still pixelise, like if my panoramas where in small resolution). Is there any way to keep the quality detailed of my panoramas ?
yazorius

Postby reneuend » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:48 pm

Welcome to the forums yazorius. Your english is good. The only way to get better is to practice. So, why not practice here on the forums! :wink:

I don't know about retaining high quality panoramic images. I'm going to leave that question to some others on this forum.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:27 pm

yazorius wrote:Hello everybody (sorry for my awful english : I'm french and it's hard to explain a trouble in a foreign langage ^^)

I'm trying to create a 360? video game, but I wondering why I can't use a great resolution of a picture. I've made 360? panoramas, but each time I use them in AdventureMaker, the result pixelise too much (even if my pictures have a large resolution). I was wondering if AM can make 360? game in HD (I've changed the frame size in the project options : but even in 1920/1024, it still pixelise, like if my panoramas where in small resolution). Is there any way to keep the quality detailed of my panoramas ?

Not sure if it has anything to do with extension of pics...?

..If its a .jpg then they will most likely look pixelly...especially if they get saved continuously during editing..

I could be wrong..
mercedes
VIP

Postby yazorius » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:23 pm

Thanks for your answer.

But I've tried with jpg, tiff or BMP rendered files : it pixelises a lot in panorama, whatever the extension or the size of the picture (except it can be worse with smaller resolution pictures).

I think the trouble comes from the software that doesn't work in HD with its panorama plugin (but most of PC Screens are now in HD 1920/1080 minimum). I'd like to know if there is a trick to reduce the pixelisation of the panorama. Have you tried the square panoramic plugin ? Is the render better ?
yazorius

Postby reneuend » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:29 pm

You might have to wait for users that work with cubic panoramic to get the good answer. Hopefully, they will respond in a timely manner.

GM, the AM developer, mentioned he was working on a new upgrade to cubic panoramic plugin. I'm not sure what it will be or when it will be available, but there is hope.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby yazorius » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:43 pm

Thanks a lot for your answer ^_^ I'll wait the experience of the cubic panoramic (very fast answers on this forum : great community !)
yazorius

Postby mercedes » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:45 pm

Hopefully some of these posts will help..they touch base on them.;

http://www.adventuremaker.com/help/360_degree_panorama.htm

http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3588&highlight=360+panoramic

http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3227&highlight=360+panoramic

Have you tried the square panoramic plugin ? Is the render better ?

No..I haven't..but from what i've read..the pictures do render better..might be worth a try..
mercedes
VIP

Postby yazorius » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:10 pm

Thanks for the posts you've given : very interesting. A great game to fallow too (E?ghin). We can see how wonderful product is AM when we can see such beautiful pictures put together in an amator game like this one. And the conceptor is using cubic panorama plugin ... Probably the best choice. I'll have to try it ^^"
yazorius

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion