Speech Checks?

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Speech Checks?

Postby rckman » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:25 pm

Similar to the Fallout series and Mass Effect series, how would one go about creating paths when talking to someone.

As far as I can see, there is no way to attach a variable to text you create on screen without the use of VB.

The dialog creator does not achieve this end result.

Here is an example:

You click on Harry> 3 lines of text appear>
Code: Select all
Nice Text
Neutral Text
Evil Text

Choosing an option will result in a variable being held that will alter other parts of the game. I have found ways to do this but it is very sloppy and requires 10 times the effort.

So my question is, how do you display text that once you click on it will play an audio file, alter a variable and move to the next set of questions that were not displayed in the previous questions.

I have no problem using VB, but i'm really not sure what I am looking for would be called.
rckman

Postby mercedes » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:44 am

What you are saying..sounds exactly like what the Dialogue Wizard was created for...

If that's not what your looking for....Can you to be a bit more specific..

It sound like you want the user to click on one single TEXT...have an audio file play...and more TEXT appear for questions...?
mercedes
VIP

Postby rckman » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:05 pm

After a bid more fiddling with it, you are correct. I must had missed the tab to set visible/hide after answer.

That brings up two more questions however, first, can the dialog placement be moved onto the bottom of the game itself (not on the black bar below) and can it be altered, font, color and size.

Second, is there a way to set a variable to some of the answers. Like if you get information out of somebody early on, it opens up that part of the game.

Thank you for your help.
rckman

Postby mercedes » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:13 pm

That brings up two more questions however, first, can the dialog placement be moved onto the bottom of the game itself (not on the black bar below) and can it be altered, font, color and size.

The dialogue wizard uses the message canvas...Sadly, it can't be placed elsewhere..

For that reason, I don't think its possible to change the font on each question or answer...You can change it for the project only...

Second, is there a way to set a variable to some of the answers. Like if you get information out of somebody early on, it opens up that part of the game.

Sure...Just use the Advanced Tab After the Answer is given do the following ..and put whatever code you like in there..:)
mercedes
VIP

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion