Ok, I'm dumb - Hotspot question

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Ok, I'm dumb - Hotspot question

Postby miss mira » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:18 pm

I've been looking through the AM help files, and I can't find anything that quite answers my question. How do you create the same hotspot area in every frame? I've tried using the "Runtime Frames Merging" action, but when I create a hotspot on the blank frame, it looks like it just creates the same hotspot with the same attributes on every frame at run time.

I'm making my own arrow icons and I want them to show up in the same hotspot area in every frame, but when you click it, it goes to a different frame depending on which frame your in. Is there a way to create just a hotspot "space" that has the same icon in the same place every time, but that you can edit the hyperlink differently in each one?

In Dreamweaver, I just set up my first page with all the right hotspots and then uploaded different background images and changed links where I needed to. Is there something like this or something even easier I can do in AM?

As always, thank you so much for your help in advance. Please let me know if what I asked is unclear. I can see it my head, but sometimes it's hard to describe what I need to do. : P
miss mira

Postby reneuend » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:29 pm

Mercedes can answer this one. I never used the merging. There is the duplicate...and my favorite is using ShadowMaker's Hotspot Magic!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby miss mira » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:11 am

I'm going to download Hotspot Magic and see if that helps. Thanks reneuend!
miss mira

Postby reneuend » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:12 am

cool!
I think I created a tutorial on it in the tutorial forum or it may have been a BBB article in the AM Magazine forum! :wink:
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:25 am

reneuend wrote:Mercedes can answer this one. I never used the merging. There is the duplicate...and my favorite is using ShadowMaker's Hotspot Magic!

I agree..!..HSM would be exactly what you're looking for :D

Open up HSM..and make the 1 hotspot; Then choose the frames you want it to appear on...
Then presto..It appears in all frames; In the exact same place..

Scripting can be done right there in HSM too..You can add which frames you want arrows to go to ...Easy peasy..:D

I beleive you have to PM ShadowHunter ..to get registration code, so you can have full usage..:D
mercedes
VIP

Postby miss mira » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:14 am

Ok, sounds good. Yeah, I was starting to mess around with that plugin and it looks like exactly what I need. Strange that this isn't a standard feature though. I think I'll be using Hotspot Magic a LOT. And yes, I need to register it still. Thanks!
miss mira

Postby reneuend » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:51 pm

It might be quicker to contact him from his website via email address instead of PM, but you could do both.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion