Comments on the new version 4.7.0

Everything AM users with W7 computers need to know

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Comments on the new version 4.7.0

Postby lbq_bcn » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:19 am

Hello GM! That good news!. And also by surprise! A new version!
For all those who died took for the program AM, you've given them reasons not to talk.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all very much for your long-standing support and for your continued contribution to the Adventure Maker community. It is hard to describe how much this is appreciated.

I liked that you are mindful of those who have helped this community to continue. They are the pillars of this program. But if they are pillars, you GM, you are the roof. :oops:

And now a question. The routines PlaySound , endsound, playVideo .. will continue to be needed?

I installed the program and apparently I had no problem opening my old project. I have a windows 7 64bit
The only thing I want to emphasize is that the plugins I have installed due to C: \ Users \ xxxxx \ Documents \ Adventure Maker v4.7 \ Shared \ Plugins. (xxxxx is the Windows user name) Is that normal? So the plugins folder in programfiles \ adventuremaker no longer useful?

Thank you very much!

Llu
lbq_bcn

Postby reneuend » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:05 am

This is great news! This is great encouragement for all of us AMers.
I wonder if this will be an issue for Lyberodoggy's AM Project tool?
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby GM-Support » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:46 pm

Thanks a lot!

@lbq_bcn: The routines PlaySound , EndSound, PlayVideo etc (link) allow to control audio using advanced scripting. They are needed only if you use them in your scripts or if you use a plugin that relies on them. Otherwise they are not needed.

As for your second question, yes, the folders in "program files\adventure maker" are no longer used, except the first time that you launch Adventure Maker, when the program will copy the required files to "My Documents/Adventure Maker". This change was necessary for increased Win7/Win8 compatibility and also to allow users with non-administrator rights to use the application (because files in "Program Files" cannot be modified without admin rights).

By the way, it is now possible to reset Adventure Maker to factory settings by simply deleting all the files that are under "My Documents\Adventure Maker" (NB: projects are located there too). Adventure Maker will copy the files back from "Program Files" when it launches. Note: UI preferences will not be reset; To reset them, follow these steps: launch AM, click "Preferences", and then click "Reset".

@reneuend: I don't know at this time.

Thanks again.
Best regards,
GM-Support
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby ShadowHunter » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:08 pm

Time for me to check if KGS needs to be updated as well :D
ShadowHunter

Postby reneuend » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:58 pm

According to some reliable sources, KGS will need to be updated. Please do so, as I'm part of a secret joint project that would like to use KGS. :wink:
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby ShadowHunter » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:41 pm

reneuend wrote:According to some reliable sources, KGS will need to be updated. Please do so, as I'm part of a secret joint project that would like to use KGS. :wink:

Sounds interesting... I'll check what needs to be done :D
ShadowHunter

Postby Vairon » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:01 am

Great news! :D
Really is a surprise the new version. It's definitely a step forward.

The next update will be the AM panorama plugin... maybe.
Vairon
Forum Master

Postby GM-Support » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:48 pm

Vairon wrote:The next update will be the AM panorama plugin... maybe.

Hello Vairon.
Can you please list what you consider the top-priority features for the next update of the cubic panorama plugin? (sorted by priority if possible)
Note: other users of the cubic panorama plugin, please feel free to give your opinion too :)
Thanks a lot,
Best regards,
GM-Support
GM-Support

Postby CBSection31 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:13 pm

Can the panorama plugin currently handle images of any size? I haven't played around with it too much yet. From what I recall, the recommended size for each image is 512x512. Can it handle 1024x1024, however?
CBSection31
Code Master

Postby GM-Support » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:18 pm

CBSection31 wrote:Can the panorama plugin currently handle images of any size? I haven't played around with it too much yet. From what I recall, the recommended size for each image is 512x512. Can it handle 1024x1024, however?

The combined picture (containing the 6 faces of the cube) currently cannot exceed 2048x2048 because it is used as a single texture mapped on the cube. The maximum image size for each face of the cube is therefore 680x680 in the current version.
GM-Support

Postby Vairon » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:31 pm

I think there are two things that need fixing urgently:

1 - The quality of images. When you activate the plugin, the image quality drops considerably.

2 - The compatibility with KG plugin. I experienced problems when I have activated the two plugins, especially with the creation of cursors.

This is essential to make a quality game with cubic panorama plugin.

Note: These are the major updates, but if you want I can send more suggestions and improvements.

Best regards, Vairon.
Vairon
Forum Master

Postby CBSection31 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:34 am

I think the quality issue might be fixed if we were able to use 1024x1024 images. I know that most commercial panoramic games use 1024x1024.
CBSection31
Code Master

Return to Windows 7 issues