Create seamless video frames - help needed!

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Create seamless video frames - help needed!

Postby JSCharnley » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:38 am

Hello, I am currently writing an adventure game which will use a lot of video similar to games like The Journeyman Project. I have been using the adventure maker software and really like it, and was planning on buying it until the following issue came up.

For my game there will be many frames that use video as the background instead of images. I also use "walking" transition videos. So that would mean, Id have something like this:
Frame 1 - Normal Frame with looping video -> Frame 2 - Frame which plays transition video -> Frame 3 - Normal Frame with looping video.

There doesnt seem to be an option to use a video as a frame background, so i have been putting the videos in fullscreen hotspots.

My issue is that it has to be seamless to have the realism I need. Every time I go to a new frame theres a split second where the video doesnt show up, leading to a second of whatever color the frame is underneath. Its like the video is loading.

I get the same problem even if I use the play video option in frame settings or use the video in a hotspot.

There is no black/extra time on my videos. If played together in a video editor they would look like one long video. I need that to happen here. If anyone could help me get it so that the videos from different frames play like one seamless video theyd solve my problem and I'd buy the software.

Thanks!
JSCharnley

Postby time-killer-games » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:45 am

I think it has been fixed in v4.7 check the AM news forum ;)
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Postby JSCharnley » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:12 pm

Thanks! I downloaded the new version and still had the same problems, but I realized it might have something to do with this:

I was using mpeg files, but when I added a avi file into it it didn't seem to have the same issue. I will continue to test but I might just have to make my files AVIs.

Thanks for your help!
JSCharnley

Postby jack8135 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:58 pm

try making a jpeg image out of the last frame of the video and use that as the background for the frame. Put the full frame size video on top of that as a hot spot. It will still stifle a bit but it's better than just having a color there.
jack8135

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion