Audio Problems

Everything AM users with W7 computers need to know

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Audio Problems

Postby GORDON » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:43 pm

Have the audio problems mentioned in earlier posts of this version been fixed? I had developed my game using the previous version and now I have problems such as volume, repeating etc.
Thanks in advance!
GORDON
Advanced Member

Postby Vengeance66 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:58 pm

Try to re-add them to your game.

I've never had problems with audios in AM...
Stay a while and listen...

Rainbow Enterainment - http://rainbowenter.com/
Vengeance66
Administrator

Postby reneuend » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:43 am

Hey Gordon,

Could be explain in more detail? Did you load a project built in a previous version to a new version of AM and experienced these issues? Or are you experiencing these issues by simply using the new version of AM?

I had created a game in a previous version and when I loaded the project into the new version to continue working with it, I had issues with the audio files repeating. But, I noticed they didn't repeat if I started on the frame from within the project, instead of from the beginning.

I haven't tried to fix it yet, but I think its possible. I might have to tear up the project and rebuild it before its done though.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby GORDON » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:34 pm

I wonder if I had started my game in this version the problems would not have occured. I guess I'll have to go to all the audio settings and reinsert them. As long as I know this version isn't the problem, just the change.
GORDON
Advanced Member

Postby reneuend » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:32 pm

I've built some test games in the new version and didn't run into this issue. If you try it out, please repost with your findings!!!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Simon » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:04 pm

I had the repeating audio issue too. I just don't know how or why, but I was able to fix it. It happened when :

- on one frame, I had a sound where I checked "loop" in a channel (a music in channel 1, in fact).
- on another frame I had a sound where I didn't check "loop" in the very same channel# (a sound fx in channel 1 too).

In this configuration, the sound fx was looping, even though I didn't check loop.

To solve that, I just changed the channel number of the sound fx. For example, the music (looping) was on channel 1, and the sound effect (not looping) was on channel 2.
So, never put a not looping sound in the same channel number than a looping sound, even if not in the same frame/hotspot !

I hope this helps.
Simon
Expert Member

Postby GORDON » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:34 pm

Would that mean you could not use a looping channel for the rest of the game? That would really limit your channels.
GORDON
Advanced Member

Postby Simon » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:47 pm

No, that's not what I meant ! :shock:
I tried to explain that you shouldn't use a sound that you do NOT want to loop in a channel where you already used a looping sound somewhere !
But you have the choice between 9 channels, so keep one for the looping music, one for the looping sounds, and one for the not-looping sound, for example.
Simon
Expert Member

Postby GORDON » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:16 am

I understand what you are saying. My problem is that I'll have to redo my many game audio channels for my game I created in the previous version to correct this limitation.
Thanks for the info.
GORDON
Advanced Member

Postby Simon » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:58 am

Well, that's what I made to solve MY problem of looping sound, but maybe it's not THE solution :) Just wait a little for more comments, maybe someone will have an idea...
Simon
Expert Member

Re: Audio Problems

Postby GORDON » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:52 pm

I just tested this bug in my game and you are correct. If you have a looping sound on a channel and then use that channel again for a single sound, the single sound will then loop. I guess you will have to stop the looping before going to the single sound on that channel.
Thanks for your insight!
GORDON
Advanced Member

Postby GORDON » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:33 am

A further update on this looping bug. Even if you loop a channel and then "stop sound" on that channel in the next frame, that channel will always loop whatever sound is put into it. Therefore, you must have dedicated "looping channels".
GORDON
Advanced Member

Postby GM-Support » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:13 am

GORDON wrote:If you have a looping sound on a channel and then use that channel again for a single sound, the single sound will then loop.

The issue has now been fixed in Adventure Maker version 4.7.1.

Thank you,
Best regards,
GM-Support
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Return to Windows 7 issues