Created Games Link

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Created Games Link

Postby mrmyst » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:36 am

Hello,

the link to the published games can not be accesed. Is the cause my browser, or does it not work by you, too?

http://adventuremaker.com/games.htm

MrMyst
mrmyst

Re: Created Games Link

Postby reneuend » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:24 pm

When the AdventureMaker website got hit by a virus, GM had to rebuild it. He apparently forgot to fix this or decided to leave it off.
I'll send a message to GM detailing this issue.

thanks for noticing.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Candle » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:43 am

Let me know if you reach him as I have not been able to reneuend.
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby mrmyst » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:55 pm

Let me know it, too, please. Best you post it here.
mrmyst

Postby matthornb » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:40 pm

I've been waiting on GM to reply too, but to a different message.

I asked if AM development was still moving forward, and whether the HTML output would support more features any time soon.

What is going on? Why is GM so unresponsive? Is GM-Support working, busy preparing a new AM version, or is he just losing interest in AM and no longer paying attention to what is going on?
Has GM-Support perhaps switched to a new email address and thus lost track of our messages? I really want to believe that GM is simply very busy working on the next version of AM... and that this is the reason responses have been so scarce. But I'm getting a bit worried.

BTW, if GM will respond to our messages and confirm that AM is still in development, I will seriously consider upgrading my copy of AM.
However, I really don't want to spend more money on AM if development of the software has stalled... if that's the case I might as well focus all my energy on other toolsets such as Construct 2 or Gamesalad or Game Maker: Studio.

AM needs to move forward and support more than just Windows; the HTML output was a step in the right direction but more is needed for AM to compete.

There are over 700 million mobile devices (phones and tablets) in use worldwide running iOS or Android. There are also over 100 million Mac OS X systems in use. If AM can get better-developed HTML5 export working, one that supports most or all of the functions in the Windows version, it'd open up [good] AM games to a much larger audience than the current Windows crowd.
matthornb

Postby Gumbro » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:23 pm

No idea why, most developers are usually active on their forums, but there are exceptions. It would be nice if GM-support could give us a "hi" on the forums and tell what's going on, even if nothing is going on.

Did you guys notice that Firefox OS was released for low end smart phones and tablets? One should be able to make html(javascript) based AM games installable on that platform, out of the box, just using the html export, with a .manifest file. Haven't tested yet (one can test the Firefox OS easily with Firefox browser add on).

If Firefox OS gets traction, it is good news for AM, and would certainly justify more effort for html(5).
Gumbro

Postby reneuend » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:56 pm

HTML5 is slated for standardization be the W3 next year. This means the browsers types will get more aligned with each other. HTML5 has a lot of awesome features..not just animation, but with client data storage too! It would be nice to see AM have an export to HTML5 and javascript.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Gumbro » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:37 am

Absolutely! While there are a plenty of generic html5 game engines around, it would be nice to have one optimized for creating adventure games.
Gumbro

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion