The Congolease - short film

This forum is meant for talking about just anything, including things that have nothing to do with Adventure Maker.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

The Congolease - short film

Postby Simon » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:16 pm

Hi everyone ! I wanted to present my current project of short film, as there are several people from the AM forums that are involved !
I have created it this summer in july, but I had been waiting for the soundtrack guys to finish the audio. It's done, and I'm happy with it : there's even a voice, which is a premiere for one of my films.

The Congolease (from congolese - inhabitants of the Congo, and the verb "to lease" - the act of stealing) is a 3 minutes animated film, created during my free time for an association called Friends of the Congo.
A congolese man tells us the History of the Congo, in Africa, through various ages of his own life. Child, teen, adult and old correspond to 4 critical periods in the History of the Congo : belgian colonisation, world war II, the reign of Mobutu Sese, and nowadays stealings by multinational.

This film is finished, and I'm working on the final touch. One of them is to make a multilingual DVD, with french and english voices, and subtitles in french, english, spanish and portuguese. It has been asked by Friends of the Congo, in order to screen the film during the Congo Week, and also in schools as educational purposes.
Personally, I didn't know much about the history of the Congo before making this film, so I understand how important it is for them to have such a media to show.

The people from the AM forums that are involved are :
- reneuend = english voice and proof of the english text
- vairon = spanish translation
- dalton = portuguese translation (?)

I will share the link to the final film as soon as it is finished !!!

in the meantime, you can download some screenshots here :
http://www.simonmesnard.fr/shared/Screenshots.rar
You need to see it moving however, I think it's better.

I hope you like this project. I really found it interesting to create a film for an association, even if it is far from perfect because I made it on my own. I will probably try to make more artistical short films for associations in the future, instead of making "funny short films" for myself.
Simon
Expert Member

Re: The Congolease - short film

Postby Simon » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:40 am

The film released !!
https://vimeo.com/77713775
Please share it A LOT if you like ! It will help spread the word for the association !
Simon
Expert Member

Postby Vairon » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:46 pm

Great job Simon!

I think that it is very important to share this type of histories to understand the situation of these countries.
You have made a great labor Simon, congratulations.
Vairon
Forum Master

Postby Simon » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:42 pm

Thanks Vairon, though I'm afraid there aren't many people who see the film. I don't even have any feedback from the Congo Week...
Simon
Expert Member

Postby Vairon » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:36 am

With that only a person has seen the video already it is a victory. :wink:
Vairon
Forum Master

Return to General Chat