Adventure Maker Win Big Contest - WINNERS Announced

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Adventure Maker Win Big Contest - WINNERS Announced

Postby time-killer-games » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:19 am

INTRO:

This contest I've been playing around with the idea of it, no garentee
this contest will actually launch until [and if] I announce it to start. If
You guys are truly interested in this contest please post some
feedback in this topic, it will encourage me to and make the contest
more likely to take off.

RULES:

?You can submit any game you want, the only restrictions are that it has to be made with AM and it has to be your work, whole or in part, with permission from whoever else contributed to your project thus indicating you may submit what may or may not be partially their work as well.
?The contest consists of six major skills that will be judged and will determine whether you are a winner or loser. The skills are 1) Graphics, 2) Presentation, 3) Story, 4) Duration, 5) Puzzles, and 6) which is how fun the game was to play overall.

PRIZES:

The first place grand prize winner will win a [used] mint condition,
8 gig latest generation iPodTouch. I'll post photos tommorow of it.
No wall/car chargers or USB cable included.

Second place will win a free [used] hard copy of the Adventure
Maker classic, The Filmmaker, which is roughly in mint condition
as well. Here's some photos of it: https://db.tt/UoVIfQzR

If CBSection doesn't want me to give anyone his game due to any
copyright infringement or legal issue I'm not already be aware of,
I'll be more than happy to give prize money equal to The Filmmaker's
current pricetag instead, so the prize winner can buy the copy
themselves directly from the Unimatrix Productions online store.

Third place will win a [used] mint condition Philips Sansa Clip Mp3
player. USB cable included. Here's a photo: https://db.tt/en7rPuDS

Fourth place and below will be the losers and will not receive any
prize.

DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS JANUARY FIRST.

Again this contest might not ever happen, I'm still trying to make up my mind, because
I'm not 100% on whether I should give away my iPodTouch.I have mixed feelings if it
wasn't for the fact my Nook tablet doesn't have a built-in camera lens, I would totally
be certain to give it out as a prize. Ever since I got that tablet all the things my iPod did
(other than take pictures) my tablet can do also and I like the higher resolution my
Nook has.I'll be sure to get back to you guys when I've made my final desision.

JUDGES:
?Vairon
?Reneuend

Judges can not submit a game for this contest. Anyone who wants to be a judge I will add them to the list above while removing an open slot. I'm not going to be the judge because I want to be in the contest myself, but please note my game submission even if it wins as far a prizes go, since I'm the one giving out the prizes my winning position will be ignored, I.e. let's say I get in second place, the third prize winner will actually get the second place prize, and the fourth will get the third, etc, so essentially whatever placed I get in when the prizes are give out my submission will be ignored, obviously because if I won my own prize, what would be the purpose of that?;P but I'd still like to submit a game for the contest just for fun and competitive purposes.

PARTICIPANTS:
?Vengeance66 : "Shadows II"
?domozo : "The Arabic Adventures"
?Gumbro : <game submission here>
?mrmyst : "Arva"
?Simon : "ASA: A Space Adventure"

Cheers!
Time Killer Games Productions
Last edited by time-killer-games on Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:52 pm, edited 12 times in total.
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Re: [Unofficial] Adventure Maker Win Big Contest

Postby Vairon » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:55 am

Great news!! :D I'm very happy to hear this news, I'm very interested in the contest and I would like to be a participant, but if there are no sufficient judges I can be one of them.

Very good initiative, You have all my support. :wink:

Regards, Vairon.
Vairon
Forum Master

Postby Vengeance66 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:58 am

Interesting news! I'm really in for some prizes and I'm ready to build something really cool! :D

Nice one TKG! :)
Stay a while and listen...

Rainbow Enterainment - http://rainbowenter.com/
Vengeance66
Administrator

Postby time-killer-games » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:20 pm

@Vairom you are are now a judge. Congrats! :D
@Vengeance66 you are now listed as a participant.

I will need four judges max and at least four competing
participants [other than myself] before we are another
step closer for the launch. :D

I look forward to seeing everyone's game entries. :D
Thank you for your interest and support!

Edit: I added a photo of the third place prize to the OP.
I've checked this out with my parents for confirmation
And it's looking good so far. Worst case scenerio my
Dad wants to have my iPod in place of his, his iPodTouch
Is an older generation with no camera lens but the
Bright side it has way more gigs on it for music and
whatnot. Also think I should mention the iPod will come
with Myst and Riven apps, the point-amd-click classics,
$14 additional value absolutely free. :)
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Postby Vairon » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:48 pm

Thanks, it's an honor! :wink:

I wait for more info about rules and skills.
Vairon
Forum Master

Postby reneuend » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:59 pm

I'm not sure why, but this is the first time I've seen this on the forums. I would be happy to be either a judge or a participant. Obviously, its best to have more participants than judges. This thread needs to be updated often so people are made aware of it. I wish there was a website tied to this forum so people wouldn't miss important information. Thanks for being proactive TKG.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby time-killer-games » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:13 am

Thanks reneuend, you are now a judge.

The projects, submissions, and judging won't happen until have at least four participants. We might not get that many people who want to be involved, but I'm really hoping for the best. The prizes BTW are my way of saying thank you to this awesome, upbeat community. I'm still trying to convince my parents to let me use the iPod and mp3 player as a prize. The filmmaker they have no problem with me using as a prize. So at that one is garenteed now. My parents are still considering the rest and its looking good. *crossing fingers*.
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:19 am

If more people would know about your generous contest it would be nice. If anyone has a way of spreading the word, please do so.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Vengeance66 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:24 am

I will surely enter with Shadows II since it's never released anywhere (still), so that will be the best for entry. I don't have time for creating something new... :(

Vengeance66
Administrator

Postby time-killer-games » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:34 pm

@V66 You made a good point at lot of the guys here won't have time to start new side projects so I updated the rules. :) you may enter shadows 2 since it wasn't released yet. :)
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Postby Vengeance66 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:49 pm

Thanks TKG! :-)

Shadows II is nearly done! I'll need to put an intro, the voice speeches and the ending is almost finished.

I already got a plot ready for the part two of Shadows II... but that's for later... ;-)

When is the deadline for sending projects?

Vengeance66
Administrator

Postby time-killer-games » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:05 pm

It will be two months after four participants announced to participate. If all projects are done before the deadline then the deadline will come early, and the judges will decide the top 3 winners.
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Postby time-killer-games » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:35 pm

It's been a few days and it seems V66 is the only person interested to compete. This is a little disappointing. Is the possability of winning an iPod touch, the filmmaker, or an mp3 player not motivation enough? Should I adjust the rules so that any game can be submitted whether already published or not? Perhaps that should help? Just so everyone knows I am not entirely unreasonable I'm doing this for you guys not for me, and because I know you deserve it. I will liter make any adjustment required to attract more participants before it all gets started.
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Postby Vairon » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:57 am

Do not be discouraged TKG, now the forum is not very active. Perhaps we need more publicity, commenting on other forums, facebook, twitter... I saw that the news appears on facebook, this is good but not enough, I don't know.

You can send PM to the most active members of the forum, is another idea.
Vairon
Forum Master

Postby time-killer-games » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:51 pm

Thanks for the tip Vairon. In response I just finished send messages to roughly ten different members I hope to hear back from the shortly.

I updated the rules with new criteria! There now zero limitation on which game you each choose to submit, whether it was released before or not, old and new, all games are welcome for submission, including demos and in incomplete games (though demos and unfinished work do have a clear disadvantage when it comes to the judging.)

You can even submit commercial projects, provided that all the judges are either willing to buy your game otherwise if you are alright with giving them each a free copy that is also welcome.

@Vairon, Reneuend and all future judges - how you judge the games must be based on no favoritism but rather on the top 6 judging criteria I mentioned earlier. If there is anything else you find important about someone's game, I. E. music sound effects and voice acting, feel free to apply these considerations when deciding the final three who will be victorious.those six attributes are not meant to limit you in your judging, it is just a list of guidelines and recommendations to help you make your mutual choice of who will win.I know you guys will do great! :)
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Postby domozo » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:35 pm

Hi every one ...
I think the contest is a very nice idea ...thank you TKG....please regard me as a participant with my Arabic adventure
http://rapidshare.com/share/6193FC62A1640474536C91EF1962500E
but I am wondering if the Judges will feel comfort to download and try it cause of its size...
with my best regards...
Last edited by domozo on Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
domozo
Frequent Poster

Postby time-killer-games » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:19 am

Alright domozo, you are now on the list! :D thank you for joining!

As a side note, if you haven't already, you should put your game in an archive I don't think the file size will make much a difference as long as you archive it for convenience. Excellect game BTW! You are a force to be reconned with! :)
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Postby Gumbro » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:29 am

Hi,

I'm far too busy at the moment but have some spare time coming up in Nov-Dec, and that time has been allocated for making a (html-based) game with Adventure Maker. Thing is, it's going to be a christmas present ;)

So, if your competition is still running in Dec, I could join with that...
Gumbro

Postby mrmyst » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:38 pm

Hello,

I will ignore Mytho for a couple days and take part! Of the planned game, there is already a map and the puzzles on paper, but I have yet to implement it as a software. Due a synthesizer, I bought a couple weeks ago (actually for Mytho) I can also make sounds.

Greetings,
Mr. Myst
mrmyst

Postby time-killer-games » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:26 pm

@ Gumbro : Thank you for joining. I have decided the official due date for submissions - January 1st. Since everyone has a different timezone, January 2nd will be the date for some people. Just be sure to let me know what game you are submitting before then.

@ mrmyst : thank you for joining. If you want Mytho can be submitted, but whatever works for you I suppose. Just be sure to share your game before the deadline.
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Postby Simon » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:52 pm

Hey sorry I was buzy and didn't notice the contest ! You can count me in !! Just add ASA: A Space Adventure, if you think it meets the rules !
But there's one condition : if I win, I don't want any prize, I just participate for the fun, alright ? It's because ASA got quite a lot of buzz in the press and some good reviews, so it might be a little unfair for the others.
Simon
Expert Member

Postby time-killer-games » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:35 pm

Alright you're in Simon! :D but I won't give a prize if you win... Only if you are absolutely sure that's what you want.

Cheers!
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Postby Simon » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:44 pm

Great, glad to be in ! I agree with "no prize for me" ! :D
Simon
Expert Member

Postby time-killer-games » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:45 pm

Alright everyone it's the end of October new submissions will only be accepted for two more months! If you haven't submitted you game please make sure you do! :-)
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Postby mrmyst » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:06 pm

Hello,

i am going to name my Game "Arva". The word hasn't a meaning, but i thought it's interesting. I've already rendered some images and Cutscenes, but it's not yet ready.

Regards,
Mr. Myst
mrmyst

Postby Gumbro » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:01 pm

I haven't even started yet :D I hope to finish a larger illustration project tomorrow and finally get going with my game. It's going to be a short one (to make, but can take ages to finish by playing :twisted:) more of a parody of the genre than anything else.

And, it's going to be a html game.

I'll be posting work in progress screenshots... wait for it!
Gumbro

Postby mrmyst » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:15 am

I am interestet in the work-in-process screenshots, too, Gumbro! :D
mrmyst

Postby Gumbro » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:53 pm

Me too ;) I finished the illustration project, Adventure Making start on next Sunday!
Gumbro

Postby time-killer-games » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:40 am

I have unfortunate news. After a long time of my parents stringing me along to believe I could use my iPodTouch as a prize it appears they gave me the wrong impression. So I can't use that as a prize, however, it will be replaced with something my parents already made very clear they are alright with - I have a used, but nearly mint-condition digital picture frame. Since AM games are made up of pictures, this potentially can be a great way to showcase and advertise your game artwork. As for the Filmmaker, it was going to be a prize until my sister got upset with me and cracked the installation CD, ironic, isn't it? :( So I contacted Christopher Brendel and he isn't making copies of this game anymore. But in about a month from now he said he will give me the files so I can burn it to a disk myself.

So everyone is legitimately winning, here's how it's going to work. there a three prizes, which will be given to the top three winners -

?Digital Picture Frame
?Philips Sansa Clip Mp3 Player
?The Filmmaker (commercial AM-created game)

If the top three winners will be in charge and will have to make a mutual agreement who of the three is getting which prize. This is because I don't want anyone who wins to get a prize they don't want or will throw away - that would be a waste. If everyone or multiple people want the same prize and can't agree the judges will decide for them.

If all three winners agree they don't want one or more of the 3 available prizes, that proize will be given to someone else who both wants it and is someone who came in the highest place out of everyone who wants the prize.

Deadline is very soon! Cheers!
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:29 am

It sounds like great prizes nonetheless. Let me know when I can start the judging.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Next

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion