Windows HTML output

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Windows HTML output

Postby darrenbeckett » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:57 am

I have created a 3 frame initial test game which works perfectly, as long as there are no background images on the frames.
It works fine if the frames are just solid colours, but adding background images (JPG) causes the Hourglass to be displayed and the frame to never load.

Additional Info, if i change the file extensions of all the images in the Output code from 000XX.a back to 000XX.jpg and then modify the html code to look for the jpg files instead, it started working correctly.

So, the problem seems to be the generated code doesn't work when the images are named with the .a extension.
darrenbeckett
Member
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:12 am

Re: Windows HTML output

Postby reneuend » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:25 am

Hi and welcome!

I haven't done much with the html conversion used in AdventureMaker, but it does make sense that it would work after be changed to "jpg" as this is a true browser supported format. If you are using a newer browser version, you might try using the compatibility feature in the browser to see if that works. Out of curiosity, have you worked with an earlier version of AdventureMaker and converted to HTML with the same browser version without an issue?
---


Image
Image
User avatar
reneuend
Administrator
 
Posts: 2690
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:37 pm
Location: Midwest Cornfield, USA

Re: Windows HTML output

Postby Lyberodoggy » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:25 pm

Try adding the pictures to the external folder instead of the areas. It doesn't get encrypted.
User avatar
Lyberodoggy
Administrator
 
Posts: 2519
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:31 pm
Location: Athens

Re: Windows HTML output

Postby Gumbro » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:48 pm

I have made a few html tests and have not encountered this issue. As if the browser or the javascript engine would like to treat .a files differently on your system for some reason.

If you could put the test game up (with .a extensions) somewhere (for example Dropbox) and give the link, we could test it out.
User avatar
Gumbro
Active Member
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:33 pm

Re: Windows HTML output

Postby darrenbeckett » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:57 pm

darrenbeckett
Member
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:12 am

Re: Windows HTML output

Postby darrenbeckett » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:25 pm

Anything to report?
darrenbeckett
Member
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:12 am

Re: Windows HTML output

Postby Gumbro » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:50 pm

Hmm, Google drive apparently cannot serve files like dropbox. Can you put it on dropbox or some other place it can be run in browser?
User avatar
Gumbro
Active Member
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:33 pm

Re: Windows HTML output

Postby darrenbeckett » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:11 pm

darrenbeckett
Member
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:12 am

Re: Windows HTML output

Postby time-killer-games » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:17 pm

When a file extension is renamed the actual formatting of the jpg is still in there - when having it simply named with *.a that shouldn't make any difference as the jpg format itself is still there and should still be recognized by any browser regardless of whatever filename it has. So in short it makes no sense why this is happening many people choose the encrypt images and other file extensions on the net to make it a little more hard to download in save copyrighted material. IE streaming online videos often do this on top of highly obfuscated html. I'm not having this issue but it's really odd you are. Are you on windows 8? I'm just curious since I'm on win 7 and never tried it on 8.
User avatar
time-killer-games
Expert Member
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:10 pm
Location: Virginia Beach, VA

Re: Windows HTML output

Postby darrenbeckett » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:32 pm

I'm creating the project using AM v4.7.1 on Windows 7. The project is being uploaded to a werbserver and the website works perfectly after i've hacked all the .a & .htm's.
Both chrome and IE 11 produce the same results.
darrenbeckett
Member
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:12 am

Re: Windows HTML output

Postby Gumbro » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:12 pm

Here's a link to the game on my server:

http://www.roguelantern.com/roger/

Works perfectly on;

Firefox (WinXP)
IE (WinXP)
Safari (iOS)

So... looks like it's got to do something with your computer.

Can you try the link above and see if the problem still persists?

If yes, I suggest you check your computer file associations for files ending in .a from Windows explorer / Tools / Folder settings (or something similar depending on your system), is there .a there associated to something? There should not be.

You could also try installing Firefox. Then re-try the link above.

Other than that, no ideas.
User avatar
Gumbro
Active Member
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:33 pm

Re: Windows HTML output

Postby reneuend » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:40 am

Where's Roger was cute. It worked fine on Windows 7 with Chrome.
---


Image
Image
User avatar
reneuend
Administrator
 
Posts: 2690
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:37 pm
Location: Midwest Cornfield, USA

Re: Windows HTML output

Postby darrenbeckett » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:39 am

Your link also works perfectly for me, it seems there is something not quite right with the server.
Many thanks for your help.
darrenbeckett
Member
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:12 am


Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron