A few questions...

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

A few questions...

Postby skype6 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:47 pm

1.Is there a possibility that for the inventory beckground I put a transparent png file?
2. If I combine one inventory item to another, to make third ( for example: when you combine stick and a hook, to make a third item) , can I make a sound or text that will "mark" when that item appears in the inventory!
3. And third, the last! Is there a possibility or plugin that when I click on an object in the inventory, magnify the object and display it in full screen?
skype6
Frequent Poster

Re: A few questions...

Postby Vengeance66 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:13 pm

PNG is still not supprted in AM.

If you are using the default Inventory you can combine two items. Just go to the Manage Inventory Items on the left, then Using items on each other. There you can create events if two items are combined. For the sound, you have to put VB code... others will help you with this one.

Last, I've used (and many other) a magnifying glass in inventory, like an item. So, again, you need to make event for combining items.
Stay a while and listen...

Rainbow Enterainment - http://rainbowenter.com/
Vengeance66
Administrator

Postby skype6 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:04 pm

Thanks for the quick answer , that means a lot. Too bad you can not put a png. That would open a new kind of creativity to create menus and inventory. It would look professional, for those who want to delve into that! Would look nicer for players!
If anyone might have a tutorial for the magnifying glass I'd be grateful :) ... ( I would like to examined the item in inventory with magnifying glass )
skype6
Frequent Poster

Postby Candle » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:22 pm

skype6 wrote:Thanks for the quick answer , that means a lot. Too bad you can not put a png. That would open a new kind of creativity to create menus and inventory. It would look professional, for those who want to delve into that! Would look nicer for players!
If anyone might have a tutorial for the magnifying glass I'd be grateful :) ... ( I would like to examined the item in inventory with magnifying glass )

http://www.adventuremaker.com/help/contents.htm
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby domozo » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:02 pm

Hi skype6, very nice questions, you can make a gif inventory design, and take a screenshot to any frame and load it into the inventory frame
thus you can have an inventory with like a transparency around it every time you open it, really I didn't work with this since a long time, but
you can visit my inventory tutorials
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6218
you will find that it is very easy to make sounds when mixing two items, and there is many other things...
good luck to you...
domozo
Frequent Poster

Postby skype6 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:43 pm

Thanks guys, a lot! I just read the tutorial and thank's domozo for so lengthy and detailed description, will help a lot.
skype6
Frequent Poster

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion