My point of view

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

My point of view

Postby albalustro » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:15 pm

Is AM still a economically viable product? I dont see any significant improvement or support of the creators if not only of the comunity.
At this point, why not open your code to foster Their use and improvement its features and think of a new business model for its creators continue profiting in any way with it?
“Creativity is contagious. Pass it on.” - Albert Einstein
albalustro

Re: My point of view

Postby Stitches » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:47 pm

From what I gather after scouring this forum, the software itself has been continually improved upon with the intervention of the members here. Some folk have made plugins which have been integrated the past few years. If somebody has ways of improving upon the software, do it, post it and get in touch with GM about it. There has been less contact from him over the last few months now so I can only presume he's actually in the middle of constructing the updates for AM. I don't get what you mean give your code to foster? Though I couldn't consider myself a programmer- I only know how to code in VB in AM. Though I have found the admin members of this forum very willing to jump in and revisit early stuff to help you and take time out of what they're doing to put you on track with whatever feature you're trying to accomplish. I think AM's popularity seemed to dwindle after they suffered a hacking attack on everything (which I still cannot find a particular reason why somebody did that), I think what the forum needs is some new blood. The guys who have been here for years pop in every now and again, they're obviously well under way with their games. Simon just commercialized his Space Adventure so who knows, man. I made an investment in this software-and whilst at first I was frustrated, that was only because I didn't understand any code and was aiming for a type of game clearly not designed for the software. Now I'm jumping in nabbing new ideas and codes all the time. Seriously friend, there can be much improved as you'll see from the discussion forum on that subject; and I do believe all the top guys here are currently working on different things and plugins and scripts to improve AM. Imma stick around to see what happens with it. Most upgrades have been free oce you have the full version. Though I think the website does need seeing to as a lot of links are down.
That's my point of view anyhow. :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/MaynardStaly/videos and http://libertycap.webs.com
“With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he’ll never know.”
Stitches

Postby albalustro » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:48 pm

Well said. And I really like your point of view too.
I love this software, I follow the forums for years, I strongly believe in its potential and what I actually wanted was that it was more popular and had more attention. I'm not a programmer, but I think the guys have difficulty sometimes in improving it through plugins. What I tried to say is that maybe if a open source could call more attention.
I really dont know... Just as I said, it was only an opinion to give more visibility to the software.

But you also have reason. Let's wait and see what happens ahead.

Thak you for reply.
“Creativity is contagious. Pass it on.” - Albert Einstein
albalustro

Postby Stitches » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:27 am

ps so you know I wasn't d@!% ridin' there :D Haha! My brother just got on the Project Spark thing... but something like that seems something which relies on far too many outside sources to develop your games. Much to some gamers dismay on occasion, point and click adventures seem to be a style which never goes out. Because everybody who can read or understand the pictures can play them. Also, they hold a nostalgia like no other for anybody over 30 (remember the first time you played simon the sorcerer on an amiga... well maybe you don't but meh... just sayin... hehe? :) ) Definitely stick around. If you're new here bud and you need a few tips with coding, I'm not too far ahead. I could help ye. I know the admins are hard at work coding like mofos trying to improve on things as we speak- though I have been guilty myself of bothering them over things I eventually worked out with a lil exploration. :D Also, get Greenfish icon editor (easy to use) and Gimp2.0 (all free for the time being) to make your gifs (you can convert png with transparency into gif with transparency via gimp, same with animations.. though AM doesn't currently support animated gif with transparency, perhaps if one of us could find some developer out there who could help us with a lil' code to improve the ocx file to our gif animator it might help. I dunno what GM is up to at the moment though. IF YOU'RE OUT THERE GM... LET US KNOW YOU'RE STILL ALIVE!!! :D :D :D (says this right after mentioning the bothery... chuckles).
http://www.youtube.com/user/MaynardStaly/videos and http://libertycap.webs.com
“With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he’ll never know.”
Stitches

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion