Game project in full HD 1080p

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Game project in full HD 1080p

Postby gerbil » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:31 pm

Hi. I would like to make a game in full HD 1080p resolution. I would like to know if my game can be played by players who do not have full HD screens? Thanks.
gerbil

Re: Game project in full HD 1080p

Postby Vengeance66 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:48 pm

If something could be achieved for HD or Full HD, it would be really awesome!

I'm using ChangeDisplayResolution on startup to stretch the game to 1024 x 768, but that's not good on bigger resolution monitors. :)

About your question, if you put the resolution directly in AM, it would be full HD, but players will lower resolution will lack part of the screen. I have done a mistake with my game Lady Goldsleeves in which some parts of the game cannot be seen. I put 2048 x 1024, but on lower resolutions you can't play the game since you are missing the inventory... :-(
Stay a while and listen...

Rainbow Enterainment - http://rainbowenter.com/
Vengeance66
Administrator

Postby gerbil » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:51 pm

I wish that we have an Adventure Maker with many native resolutions up to 1080p and full screen supported on all rezolutions, I wish more ways to make inventory (for example like in Syberia game), I wish Adventure Maker to support 3D character model (like Syberia). For now, Adventure Maker Full Edition is too expensive for what it offers. There are other projects, such Megakerma, adventure and puzzle games in FPS perspective that only cost $ 9.99 full version. I do not know why Adventure Maker costs $ 139 since it is very, very limited. When you have implemented everything I said, or at least the problem with resolutions, maybe it'll give you $ 139 for a license.
gerbil

Postby Vengeance66 » Sun May 31, 2015 1:53 pm

I guess it is still not possible at any cost to make a full screen HD resolution game.

I can just use Custom and put 1280x720 and when in full screen it will be in center.
Stay a while and listen...

Rainbow Enterainment - http://rainbowenter.com/
Vengeance66
Administrator

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion