Windows 10

Anything new heard about what's happening with Adventure Maker

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Windows 10

Postby reneuend » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:16 pm

So far Adventure Maker works just fine in Windows 10. I upgraded from Windows 7 and haven't noticed any issues in my game development. I also didn't have any issues running AM games.
My next tests will be to try out various plugins and to compile a project.

If you have Windows 10, please share your experience.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Re: Windows 10

Postby Vengeance66 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:01 pm

I have installed Windows 10 and I am still trying it out. Still haven't installed AM, but I am going to try it out too.

Hope that everything will be fine.
Stay a while and listen...

Rainbow Enterainment - http://rainbowenter.com/
Vengeance66
Administrator

Postby reneuend » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:33 pm

I opened up Adventure Maker to start working on a project yesterday for the first time with Windows 10. I didn't run into any issues.
Today is day #2 of the project in Windows 10. I got an error message when I opened a frame to edit. I could have kept working, but I chose to close Adventure Maker and reopen. The error message didn't show up. I think there must be some temporary files that Adventure Maker expects to find, but Windows 10 is clearing them out. I'm guessing it has something to do with the way Adventure Maker automatically saves while you work in it. Have you noticed that you don't have to click on a SAVE button to save a project? Anyway, this is just a minor thing that you might want to know about.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Vengeance66 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:04 pm

Yeah, I know that you don't have to save and that is really nice feature in AM. You are just working and closing the program.

I would try it out and tell my results. I still think that it's the best tool for adventure games. :)

Vengeance66
Administrator

Postby reneuend » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:26 am

I worked several hours today in Adventure Maker with no issues. I was mostly building VB scripts and using previous ones. That's a good sign!
I agree V66, this is the best tool for the money. Easy to use and you can do more with it than any other tool in its class. Not to kick a dead horse, but it sure would be nice if AM was updated with higher resolution, internet uploading, Android support, etc....

At any rate, its nice to see that it is working in Win10. I still need to compile a game. I'm a bit nervous to test it! :shock:
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Vengeance66 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:23 am

I agree with you reneuend. I think that it should get further updates for resolution. It will be better if we can make in HD.

Too bad that the forums are dead. Nobody is replying, maybe somebody else is reading, but no answer. Maybe GM will make another update to this great tool.

Crossing my fingers... :)

Vengeance66
Administrator

Return to Adventure Maker News