Please vote the most urgent feature for the Export to HTML

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

What is the most URGENT feature that needs to be implemented as far as the "Export to HTML" function is concerned?

Support for cursors (i.e. give a feedback when the player mouse is over a hotspot)
11%
Support for sound (music, and sound effects)
22%
Ability to create savegames (i.e. to save the position in the game and resume it later)
8%
Support for the inventory (i.e. allow the user to choose an object in the inventory and use it on a hotspot)
43%
Support for background frame text (i.e. display the text that is added - under AM - by right-clicking on the frame background)
No votes
Support for JavaScript (i.e. ability to extend the functionality by writing custom JavaScript code - similar to the VBScript support for Windows)
3%
1-click function to automatically publish the html game to the AM website, so that people can play it (i.e. no need to manually upload the HTML files to a web host)
8%
Ability to create PS3 games
3%
Ability to create Xbox 360 games
No votes
Ability to create Android OS (Tablet & Phone)
No votes
None of those (in this case, please specify by posting a message)
3%

Total votes : 37

Please vote the most urgent feature for the Export to HTML

Postby GM-Support » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:07 pm

Dear forum members and AM users,

As you know, the "Create HTML (experimental)" feature of AM 4.4 (option available only when selecting "Windows" as the target platform) is still in its early development stage.

I would like to know which of the features listed above you think has the HIGHEST priority in your opinion.

In other words, if only one feature had to be implemented, which one would it be?

Thanks,
GM-Support

EDIT: Updated on November 20, 2007 to reflect the recent releases (I just changed "alpha1" into "4.4", and renamed "Export to HTML" into the current "Create HTML")
Last edited by GM-Support on Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Mystery » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:42 pm

I've voted for inventory.

My next priorities would be support for javascript and support for cursors.
Thanks for working on this export feature! :)
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Inv

Postby Harvester » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:46 pm

I voted too for that.

Inventory, then music&sounds, then support of panoramic plugin :?
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby Crazygamemaker » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:56 pm

I would like sound.After that it would be cursors.
AdvenureMaker is so easy even a caveman can use it!
Crazygamemaker
VIP

Postby cpkspikyhair » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:41 pm

Actually, I'd rather have sounds. I never use the inventory at all, next I guess would be the ability to save games. Also, I would rather have the program filter out any unusable characters on the internet uploads that are in our filenames (mainly "#"'s) and replace them with underscores (_'s). That way, I do not need to recreate the whole game just to change the file names.
PSPPC GameMaker!! Where you can find PSP and PC games up for download!
cpkspikyhair
Games Page Administrator

Postby Imari » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:21 pm

I chose the last of the above choices, as I don't have a need for people to play my game on-line. I'm pleased to see so many others happy and excited about the addition of HTML capabilities to AM.
Imari
VIP

Postby DMike92 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:15 am

Hi,

Thank you for these nice features.

I would like sounds but voted for inventory use because it looked to me more important.
A "select for use" would be a first step rather than a drag on hot spots.

AM should then offer this mode of item managing (simple vs. drag).

Michel
DMike92

Postby Netjera » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:46 pm

Before I vote, I wondered if I might ask a question, please? Being new here. Would this HTML feature ONLY allow publishing and uploading to the AM site? Or would this allow embedding the game in any webpage?

Thanks!

Oh - one more, sorry! - if it could be embedded in any webpage, would the one-click functionality work for any webpage, or just the AM site? Thanks again!
A woman on a mission - a budding artist looking for a place to take root, a builder looking for the right community - I'm looking for a home.
Netjera
Frequent Poster

Postby mercedes » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:50 pm

Before I vote, I wondered if I might ask a question, please? Being new here. Would this HTML feature ONLY allow publishing and uploading to the AM site? Or would this allow embedding the game in any webpage?

Any website..however it would be more convenient..with one click to post to AM's site..:)

Oh - one more, sorry! - if it could be embedded in any webpage, would the one-click functionality work for any webpage, or just the AM site? Thanks again!

It would only work for AM's site..:)

That being said..this post is pretty old..Not sure if it's still in the making..:(..Hopefully one day..Cast your vote..I did..!~ Can't believe i hadn't done it before.. :lol:
mercedes
VIP

Postby reneuend » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:57 pm

It would be cool if AM was ported to VB.Net. If this was done, then the next step would be to build an AM export to SilverLight. This would allow you to have a full-fledged AM game on the web.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby PINGO TINTO » Mon May 30, 2011 9:07 pm

I want to use the HTML games to advertise to people who have made ​​games with Adventure Maker with incredible scenes and animations, with many puzzles to rezolver, with music and sound effects and all that fascinated with freedom of movement in 360 (Cubic Panoramic)
To advertise this to people they've never done a game dwonload.
Just come in and play the demo page in HTML.
If you like the game, just buy the full game in the Adventure Maker EXE done.
PINGO TINTO
Advanced Member

Re: Please vote the most urgent feature for the Export to HT

Postby Almagest » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:30 am

Altought I think inventory is utterly important, I voted for savegames, because I thought without them only pretty small or pretty easy games would make sence and I don't like swallow adventure games. But, now I regret it, because I get the idea when the player reaches another area to get a combination which would be able to apply to the start screen to get there again. So, I would vote for inventory, then cursors and then sound/music. All very important for a serious adventure game.
Almagest

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion