how long has it been?

This forum is meant for talking about just anything, including things that have nothing to do with Adventure Maker.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

how long has it been?

Postby phinto » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:21 pm

10 years had pasted, but the adventure maker did not age.
time has lost its effect on the engine.
any updates, or this 4.7 is the last one?
phinto

Re: how long has it been?

Postby reneuend » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:53 pm

If I had to guess, I'd say this was it.
The website is in pitiful shape. You can't order from it and there is a multitude of broken links.
The last message I got from GM (the developer of AM), mentioned that he "might" look at adding an update, but that was 2 years ago. :cry:

I really don't understand it. If I spent this much time and effort to build a great tool that works better than the competition, I'd be updating it. At the very least, I'd set it up so others could continue updating it. I'm totally baffled. :shock: I guess if you had millions in the bank?
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby phinto » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:02 am

reneuend wrote:If I had to guess, I'd say this was it.
The website is in pitiful shape. You can't order from it and there is a multitude of broken links.
The last message I got from GM (the developer of AM), mentioned that he "might" look at adding an update, but that was 2 years ago. :cry:

I really don't understand it. If I spent this much time and effort to build a great tool that works better than the competition, I'd be updating it. At the very least, I'd set it up so others could continue updating it. I'm totally baffled. :shock: I guess if you had millions in the bank?

I don't have that much, I need a bank account in order to save, buy, ect.
I guess its my fault that games like this... never come true.
phinto

Postby reneuend » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:58 am

I think possibly you didn't translate my English correctly.
Adventure Maker is very well priced. I was talking about the person who coded Adventure Maker and the fact that he doesn't support something that has been very successful.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Josiah1221 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:29 am

I agree reneuend, it makes no sense! Why let it fade into oblivion when there are still people who use it and want it. If GM doesn't want anything to do with it anymore he should offer it as freeware and or open source it so it can live on through us. We can only hope!
Josiah1221

Return to General Chat