Sprite question[waiting]

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Sprite question[waiting]

Postby peTRE » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:15 am

Hi folks,

It's about time to open the lid a little bit, and reveal some of our ongoing project. We have been working on our graphics for about three months now, and allready met a couple of tricky mountains to climb regarding that.

Well, the main problem;

We are making a third-person post-apocalyptic history, and there we have met som limitations to the sprite support.

As we have read the AM manual, from A to Z we can't find anything regarding two or more sets of sprites in a game. I'll try to explain;

We have 30 optimized frames on each direction, and again we have 8 directions. This works absolutely fine, no problem.. Still, it doesent stop here. We also have drawn additional 2 sets, but with a different shading,; yes, darker and lighter than the main one.

So, in different frames there will be different atmospheres and lighting, and we want to use the other sprites here...

Is it possible in AM, and if so, where's the key? :)

Great thankyou from peTRE and sALtaBaR
peTRE

Postby peTRE » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:51 am

Hi again,

Anyone on the topic above? I've searched yet again for possibilities, but no outcome yet. The thing is, that I might have wasted a helluva time on the two initial sets of sprites.. Arrghh... Well, can't blame anyone than myself.

By the way, is there any plugins for shadin frames AND sprites around?

Sincerly,

peTRE
..:: Ongoing project in AM , due to release 2nd Q '06::..
peTRE

Postby Candle » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:23 am

I don't think at this time you can do what you want to do.
I may be wrong so wait for GM to jump in but I think your kind of out of luck on doing that .
And I haven't seen a plugin shadin frames .
Now I think one way you could do the different shading is doing a small part of that part as a new game and call it in the main game when you need that part.
Am can call exe files to run and wait till they end before Am starts again.
I think if you used an ini file to save anything from the small game you could then call it back and use it in the main game.
Hope this is some help to you .

Candle
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby peTRE » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:35 am

Hey,

Thanks for the tip, I'll have a try and see if it could be done. Anyway, this problem might be something for the developers of AM to concider, you never know :)

Thanks again Candle,

peTRE
peTRE

Postby peTRE » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:29 am

Hi again folks,

I tried Candles tip, but it's a too long way to go for having a smooth game. So I still hoping for someone to come up with another tip that might work, or maybe a plugin enhancement that will allow multiple spirtesets in AM.

All anwears appritiated.

peTRE
peTRE

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports