3rd person

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

3rd person

Postby jarrow-lad » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:29 pm

Hi all, i need some help with the 3rd person plug in it seems i cannot make the objects fit the main character. I.E. when i make a chair or bed or any orther object it allways end up too big in am. Like the land of the giaints. please help
jarrow-lad

Postby Imari » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:56 pm

Hi jarrow-lad,
I'm not sure why your sizes are mismatched. Perhaps check the size in pixels and the DPI of each of your gifs to see if they are reasonable in comparison to those of your figure.

If it helps, I made my scenes in a 3D program and sized the foreground items and figures within the scene. I then hid the figure and foreground items and rendered the backgrounds. Then I hid the figure and everything in the background and rendered the foreground items against a black background as a single TIF file. In my photo manipulation program, I then cut out each foreground item from the TIF and saved each as a GIF file with the black background color as transparent. The sizes seemed fine once in AM.

If you're not using a 3D program to render your scenes, perhaps you could try placing the background, figure, and foreground items into a paint/photo program that supports layering. Then you could resize and save each piece at the correct size.
Good luck!
Imari
VIP

Postby jarrow-lad » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:39 pm

Thanks, i will try that
jarrow-lad

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion