is it possible to use a timer with a hot spot picture?

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

is it possible to use a timer with a hot spot picture?

Postby Bortdafarm » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:42 pm

i can't seem to get a
Code: Select all
Action.CreateTimedEvent 9 , ""

to work with a

Action.LoadAPicture Hotspot(1), "render1.jpg"

allways get an error
Bortdafarm

Postby GM-Support » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:47 pm

Hi,

Please try this:

Action.CreateTimedEvent 9 , "Action.LoadAPicture Hotspot(1), ""render1.jpg"" "

Best regards,
GM-Support
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Bortdafarm » Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:38 pm

many thanks will try it ASAP..for me this is the key to getting high quality-low KiloByte stop frame animation into the games.. :D

for example -- if i'm in a horse and carraige looking out the window..i can replace the view out the window to suggest movement using a hot spot and this timed image change..saves a bundle on new frames and no large animated AVI files neither! endless uses thanks! :idea:

UP-DATE-

yup great it works many thanks-- wonderfull for animating books opening pictures turning round picking up objects all sorts of stuff and in some ways more satisfying than full motion AVI's

example

Action.CreateTimedEvent 1 , "Action.LoadAPicture Hotspot(1), ""render_1.jpg"" "
Action.CreateTimedEvent 3 , "Action.LoadAPicture Hotspot(1), ""render_2.jpg"" "
Action.CreateTimedEvent 5 , "Action.LoadAPicture Hotspot(1), ""render_3.jpg"" "
Action.CreateTimedEvent 7 , "Action.LoadAPicture Hotspot(1), ""render_4.jpg"" "
Action.CreateTimedEvent 9 , "Action.LoadAPicture Hotspot(1), ""render_5.jpg"" "
Action.CreateTimedEvent 11 , "Action.LoadAPicture Hotspot(1), ""render_7.jpg"" "
Action.CreateTimedEvent 12 , "Action.LoadAPicture Hotspot(1), ""annaruppert.gif"" "
Action.CreateTimedEvent 13 , "Action.LoadAPicture Hotspot(1), """" "

all it really needs is an alpha blend on the hotspot image and it would be perfect..(dunno if that's a possibility in the future?)
Bortdafarm

Postby GM-Support » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:57 pm

Hi,

Glad it works.

You can also consider the free open-source "Gif Sequence Player Plugin", downloadable from:
http://www.adventuremaker.com/plugins.htm

Best regards,
GM-Support
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Bortdafarm » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:43 pm

willdo thanks again...when i create the exe file do i need to include the plugin file ?
Bortdafarm

Postby Candle » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:11 pm

Hope this helps you .

3. How to install a plugin?

To install a plugin, just follow these steps:
1. Copy the plugin files into the "Plugins" sub-folder that is inside the Adventure Maker folder (if the plugin files are compressed, you must extract them),

2. Go to the "Project Properties" window and enable the plugin from the "Plugins" tab.

4. How to use a plugin?

The instructions for using a plugin will vary depending on the plugin. The author of the plugin has probably included the instructions in the "Plugin Description" text. To view the "Plugin Description" text, simply go to the "Project Properties", select the plugin under the "Plugins" tab, and then click "View the description of the selected plugin..." (or double-click on the plugin name).

Some plugins do also have a configuration utility that allows changing some general settings. To lauch the configuration utility, simply go to the "Project Properties", select the plugin under the "Plugins" tab, and then click "Configure the selected plugin...".

5. How to uninstall a plugin?

To uninstall a plugin, simply go to the "Project Properties" and uncheck the plugin from the "Plugins" tab.

If you wish to COMPLETELY and PERMANENTLY remove the plugin from your computer, you can also delete the files that correspond to the plugin and that are located inside the "Plugins" sub-folder of the Adventure Maker

It will be installed if you use the plugin. so they don't need to install it (users of your game)
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby Bortdafarm » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:20 pm

ok missed that bit on the end .....roger
Bortdafarm

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports