Windswept demo

Games that never made it to the light of day.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Windswept demo

Postby Bortdafarm » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:07 am

randomised "cluedo" like puzzle based around three "rooms"
Office hall and out side court-yard---

who did it-- where how and why

answer is different each time you play--
a slightly more refined version (version 4)
with improved backgrounds and more complicated soloution including "red herrings" ghosts and horse and carriage

http://www.ebort.com/files/windswept4.zip

it's based around the room images i posted in this thread
http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1496

the demo is now 10.7 MB and only for 1024 res

hope folks like it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Bortdafarm on Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bortdafarm

Postby maxtreme » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:02 am

I love Clue! This looks good.
maxtreme

Postby Bortdafarm » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:59 am

Cheers! hope you like it--
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bortdafarm

Postby Imari » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:40 am

Hi Bortdafarm,
I downloaded Windswept, and it looks like it would be well worth playing. I'm having trouble, however, with understanding how to do that. :P

For instance, in the room with the desk and chests of drawers, when I clicked on the items inside the left drawers of the desk, I could not examine them, but in large letters across the top of the screen it says "Please examine your solution for this crime." There doesn't seem to be any inventory. Have I missed some instructions?
~Cleo
Imari
VIP

Postby Bortdafarm » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:51 am

Cheers glad your enjoying it...it's point and click...so point and click and you'll figure it out :idea: it wouldn't make sense to post a walk through for a twenty minute to 3/4 of an hour demo...(.depending on how the dice falls and how familiar you are with the game rooms and interface..)

now you know there was a crime
and your there to provide a soloution...
next part of the puzzle is....how?
chances are you will have allready discovered how..it's fairly obvious.. oh ok click the ~Love to~ telephone for gawds sake lol --you will allso need to switch the desk light on to gain access to the desk features..there's your interface -- a desk...a telephone and some books...freaky stuff :wink: :roll:

i can't tell you the soloution to the crime because it is entirely selected at random at game start up...who-how-where, and why... so there-fore I don't know myself ! all i can tell you is the game will inform you when you are wrong...it will allso inform you when you are in part correct...the trick is figuring out from which part of the house did you recieve the partial soloution feed-back...the ghosts may try to confuse you or they may actually help...depending on what mood they're in and wether they liked the victim..P what i am intending to do if i can build up enough steam , is to spread the puzzle around several different locations all of which can only be reached via the mysterious and haunted horse and carriage-- and then to elaborate greatly on the back ground story for all the characters and the ghosts---but in the demo it is all condensed in the same building (the carriage will reveal itself should you solve the crime)

not a walk through but just some flesh on the bones as it were..to ease the play..more than most P and C game give you!! i've been stuck on one puzzle in "Darkfall" for over a week!!! lol
and you did mention ol' Sherlock Holmes!! :D
hope you can get something out of the demo even if you find the actual puzzle a little bizaare -- that's the concept part of the demo an entirely randomised puzzle with a unique soloution each time you play...
Bortdafarm

Postby Bortdafarm » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:10 am

Morning Has broken etc... :lol:
Bortdafarm

Postby djvu » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:13 pm

wow :o

this looks pretty promising up to now :D
im looking forward to more pictures
djvu

Return to Vaporware Games