latest game level pics

This forum is meant for showing off your creations (3d renders, artwork...) and getting feedback.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

latest game level pics

Postby pocorev » Thu May 18, 2006 3:40 am

Hi,

It's been a little while since I've shown anything, so here goes. :)

My experimenting with game projects that blend 2d and 3d engines together continues with these latest pictures of a scifi game level. Hope ya like em.

and...

pocorev

Postby ShadowHunter » Thu May 18, 2006 9:07 am

Hi,

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Incredible nice, this looks more professional than games I bought... for example Legacy: Dark Shadows :wink:

Hope to see a demo real soon !

Kind regards,

ShAdOwHuNtEr
ShadowHunter
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Imari » Thu May 18, 2006 2:12 pm

Hi Pocorev,
Nice screenshots, but this doesn't look like Hilltop Fun :P .... another game? Will the backgrounds be prerendered?
~Cleo
Imari
VIP

Nice

Postby Harvester » Thu May 18, 2006 2:48 pm

Nice pictures, I'm wondering what kind of game it will be because of that health sign on the upper part of the picture...
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby pocorev » Thu May 18, 2006 3:03 pm

@ ShadowHunter - Hey thanks! :D I'm glad you like them.

I'm hoping to have a demo for y'all before too long... I'm just working with another 3d engine at the moment, trying to get it to sync up properly to AM. Once that happens (or should I say 'assuming' that happens) I'll be 'good-to-go'.

@Imari - I'm glad to report that Hilltop Fun is still being developed. Unfortunately though, due to problems getting that 3d engine and AM to play nicely together, I've been forced to experiment with this new engine. Since this new engine is simply not suited to the large outdoor levels in 'Hilltop', I've pretty much had to start a new (side) project, which is what you're seeing here.

The old engine would fire up the 3d level almost immediately, which I LOVED, due to the almost nonexistent pause between 2d adventure mode and 3d gameplay. The problem however, was due to the directory structure required to run that engine, and AM not allowing me to do it - at least not cleanly or consistently. It was hit and miss at best, and in the end I decided not worth the headaches.

This new engine is structured differently, in as much as I can use as many instances of the engine (multiple levels) in AM as I care to ! The downside, being a 10 - 20 second delay in the transition between game modes. :( Oh to live in a perfect world ... :?

Prerendered backgrounds ? Yes, but with a cool ( imo) added dimension . I'm using actual "in-game" (3d game levels) screenshots to make the backgrounds. So in essence, what you see - is what you will enter into. :)

@Harvester - You must have posted while I was answering the others :D. It's an adventure game with puzzle solving attributes etc... AND... a First Person Shooter component as well.

Should all make more sense once the demo surfaces.

Thanks for the interest folks 8)
pocorev

Question

Postby Harvester » Thu May 18, 2006 7:19 pm

Would you mind if I ask what 3d engine are you using, and how much does it cost (and how easy is it to use)?
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby pocorev » Thu May 18, 2006 8:19 pm

gamestudio pro version is about 800 - 900 u.s. dollars i believe. that's the engine i'm using for the hilltop game.

darkbasic professional is about 80 - 100 u.s. dollars and it's what i'm using for this one, although I've been porting over to the FPSC engine (made by the darkbasic professional folks) and i'm finding it to be the easiest engine i've ever worked with. it's only 50 u.s. dollars or thereabouts.

all of these engines have strengths and weaknesses. gamestudio handles open terrains better than the other two (but nowhere near as well as torque engine does - 200 u.s. dollars). it's programming language is very 'c-like' in nature.

the darkbasic professional isn't as strong in outdoor areas (imo) but it's language is based upon BASIC which is pretty easy to learn.

FPSC is actually written in darkbasic professional language. it allows very simple shooter games to be clicked together with no coding at all. more advanced games become possible via it's own scripting language (easy) or by re-compiling the code altogether via darkbasic pro.

to know for sure though, you'll really have to get the demo versions and play with each engine to see for yourself what works and what doesn't.

what you find 'easy as pie' may be too difficult for me, and visa versa - we're all a bit different in the way our thought processes work.

people tell me that i'm a bit more different than most :shock: :P
pocorev

new pics, and a video

Postby pocorev » Fri May 19, 2006 8:29 pm

Just packing to go out-of-country for a week or two, but before I head out, I'd like to leave y'all a short video of my brand new working elevator :P and a couple more pics.

Please keep in mind that the video is very low-res to keep the size down.

Hope ya like them.

Elevator Video:
http://www.pocorev.com/temp/elevator.wmv

Pic 3:

Pic 4:
pocorev

Nice

Postby Harvester » Fri May 19, 2006 8:58 pm

Nice images again.
I used standard version of Dark Basic but I'm not good at 3d programming so I started to search for something easier. I couldn't understand how to put textures on 3d models in 3d game studio, but I guess that's only my problem. FPSC is a really nice program, i guess these pictures were made in it, but I can't be sure because I havent used it for too long time...
I'm wondering how can you put FPSC levels in AM...
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby Candle » Fri May 19, 2006 9:12 pm

There from the Half-Life game.
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby pocorev » Fri May 19, 2006 9:22 pm

@ Harvester If you have the Pro version of AM, you can use the
Action.OpenExeFileAndWait "filename" command to open your external engine file from within AM. It's really quite slick!

@ Candle Wow! thank you for the compliment ! My plan is to recreate a DOOM / Quake / HalfLife type game by using both traditional 2d adventure game AND modern 3d shooter genres together. I"m very glad that you see some similarities. :D
pocorev

Postby Imari » Sat May 20, 2006 1:22 am

I, for one, will miss your skies. :P
Imari
VIP

Postby pocorev » Sat May 20, 2006 2:16 am

@ Imari I'll try to stick in a few windows here and there... :P
pocorev

So did you do this with that .......

Postby Savageotar » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:43 am

So did you do this with that that FPS creator would love to make a game like that

also how did you import the FPS engine into adventure maker psp format?
Savageotar

Postby Candle » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:19 am

You can't inport that into AM but you can use it to make the screenshots like I'm going to do.
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby Finkious » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:12 pm

greattt pics looks like halo

'btw with the elevator video you might wanna add like a flashligh to the inventory or make it brighter
Finkious

Return to Artwork