What should I do?

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

What should I do?

Postby percy896 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:31 pm

Hi, I am new to the forum and to Adventure Maker. I have created many games using the RPG maker series, but now I have wanted to branch out and make some other types of games like adventure. While I have many ideas and storylines already set out, my programing skills are extremely limited (basically non-existing) and I have no idea how to creat 3D images or backgrounds. I also am not able to purchase any other programs to help me with this. There are so many gmes on this site that seem to professional and have beautiful graphics, and without those my games may seem dull and not capture the "feel" that I desire. Is there anybody who could help me out in any way? Could my games still be good with poor graphics and technical aspects? If anyone has can help me at all, that would be much appreciated :) .
percy896

Postby Candle » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:55 pm

You could use a home modeling program and make your rooms with that.
If you check bestbuy or officemax you can find them under $10.00 dollars
I found this one for that price at officemax
http://www.broderbund.com/jump.jsp?item ... pe=PRODUCT
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby percy896 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:01 pm

Candle wrote:You could use a home modeling program and make your rooms with that.
If you check bestbuy or officemax you can find them under $10.00 dollars
I found this one for that price at officemax
http://www.broderbund.com/jump.jsp?item ... pe=PRODUCT

Thanks for that. By the way, would I still be able to creat a quality game without 3D graphics (basically just paint with gradience) or programing skills?
percy896

Postby Candle » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:03 pm

``````````````
Candle
Administrator

Postby percy896 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:08 pm

Cool, although I am not exactly the most artisticly talented :wink: . Hopefully if I make it fun and the story is interesting it will make up for the most likely poor graphics. Thanks for the advise.

How about programing skills? Are most people's games point-and-click adventures or are they extremely sophisticated?
percy896

Postby Candle » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:09 pm

Have a read here and then if you have any question come back and post them as we could go on like this all day. lol
``````````````
Candle
Administrator

Postby percy896 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:11 pm

Candle wrote:Have a read here and then if you have any question come back and post them as we could go on like this all day. lol

Alrghit thanks. We probably could :lol: .
percy896

Postby Mike_Sharp » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:17 pm

If your willing to spend $80 you could try Daz3d Bryce 5.5. Its the program I use for my 3d images. Very easy to learn by following the tutorials and doesnt need any sophisticated modeling as in programs like 3dsmax. Took me about 2 weeks to get to grips with the program and as time went on (A period of 5 years now) my skills improved and my images were much better because of it. (Just check my street scene in the Artwork forum)

Mike
Its not the winning, the losing or the taking part that counts its the way you cheat.
Mike_Sharp

Postby percy896 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:35 pm

Mike_Sharp wrote:If your willing to spend $80 you could try Daz3d Bryce 5.5. Its the program I use for my 3d images. Very easy to learn by following the tutorials and doesnt need any sophisticated modeling as in programs like 3dsmax. Took me about 2 weeks to get to grips with the program and as time went on (A period of 5 years now) my skills improved and my images were much better because of it. (Just check my street scene in the Artwork forum)

Mike

Thanks for the tip. I will look into that.
percy896

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion