Advanced conversations possible?

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Advanced conversations possible?

Postby Berserga » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:58 pm

Hi I'm brand spankin new here.

I want to use AM to create games with lots of character interaction. I've been playing with the free version and find it really promising, but there are a few issues that I'm not sure about.

Is it possible to say have a Hotspot activate a text message THEN after a set time (To allow the player to actually see the message) do another action, such as start a conversation (Or go to another frame with said conversation on it)

Is it possible to have an answer trigger an event without the need to reference a hot spot at all?

If this involves some minor scripting (in full version) I'm not too scared of that, I have had experience with Dark basic programming so VB script shouldn't be too hard to grasp. Though the simpler the solution the better. :)

I just want to be sure the software can do what I want it too before I buy it... I have a bad habit of getting all excited and buying apps before I really know their limitations. :)

Thanks.
Berserga

Postby Mystery » Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:23 pm

You can use "Dialogue Wizard" for that. Read about it in the help files:
http://www.adventuremaker.com/help/tech ... gue_wizard

The dialogue starts when the frame is loaded. If you want to trigger a dialogue by clicking on a hotspot, you have to use the hotspot properties to go to the next frame where you have the dialogue.
You can set the dialoque wizard, when (i.e. after which question or answer) the next frame should load.

Does this help, or did I miss one of your questions?
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby ShadowHunter » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:45 pm

Hi,

You really should download EZTalk, a free plugin for Adventure Maker from my website.

A nice demo is included so you can already see some features :D

Kind regards,

ShAdOwHuNtEr
ShadowHunter
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Berserga » Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:00 am

Sounds cool, Thanks.
Berserga

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion