Is it possible to merge whole projects?

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Is it possible to merge whole projects?

Postby noelbruton » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:21 am

Is there any way to merge two or more complete projects into one whole one? It looks like the only way is to start with one and then redo all the frames from the other, just duplicating work. Must be another way, one hopes? Note, this is not about merging frames, but projects.

Thanks to anyone who has an idea for me.
noelbruton

Postby Mystery » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:29 pm

I have never tried that. But maybe you could copy the files from the folders from on project and paste them into the corresponding folders of the other game. If you didn't use VBScript, this could eventually work. Just an idea, as I said, I have never tried that.
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby noelbruton » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:02 am

Thanks for the idea - I'll try that
noelbruton

Postby dk627 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:26 pm

If you do it by moving the frame files, it will work, but i never tried it with my entire projects before
dk627
Frequent Poster

Postby noelbruton » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:11 am

Thanks for both of those, which seem to concur that if I copy the files from one project directory to the other, the copied files will be present in the destination project from AM's point of view. All I have to do then is make a link between frames to get game continuity.

So that's my task for this weekend then. Many thanks.
noelbruton

Postby Mystery » Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:09 pm

I just merged two projects and can confirm now that copy-pasting the contents of all the folders works perfectly. All you have to do is to link the frames (end frame and start frame) and of course add the VBS Variables and the VBS Procedures (if you used them). :)
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Skye » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:32 am

Yes, this does work and it is a great way to deal with a large project.

Mine own project is split into 9 smaller projects which are nice a small; easy to work with.

When I want to run the entire project I just use a file compare program to update all the small project info in to a larger project folder with contains the entire game.

There was a tutorial on how to do it in the Tutorial section at one time . . .

Found it! http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/vi ... php?t=1329

It is titled how to split a large project into smaller parts but also covers how to put the parts back together :D
Skye
Expert Member

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion