Help

This forum is meant for sharing talents on common Adventure Maker projects. Feel free to present yourself and talk about your skills. Partnership proposals and job offers are also welcome.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

What do you thing of AM???

Hate it!!!
No votes
It's ok...
No votes
I like it.
10%
I love it!
50%
IT RAWKZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
40%

Total votes : 10

Help

Postby Blakmagik » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:43 am

I need some stuff for AM,all i have is the stuff that comes with it.
Blakmagik

Postby Qtip5 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:16 am

What do you mean "stuff". Do you mean like tutorials or plug-ins?
Jake is Back!
Qtip5

Postby Mystery » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:17 am

You got a strange poll here :wink:
I think members who visit this forums regularly are pretty content with AM. Although there are some limitations as for every software, it is always possible to
- ask for advice of experienced members and they often have great ideas
- work around it, so that you can still realise your general ideas in another way
And there are a lot of very useful plugins and demo scripts made by ShadowHunter which give you a lot of new possibilities with AM.

I think that AM is a great tool for making complex point-and-click adventures. There are a lot of tutorials and demos available, just look around on this forums. If you need help you can also ask for a small tutorial in the corresponding thread.

And well, the stuff that comes with AM is enough to make a start with it from my point of view. After this it is up to you what you do with it. If you are ready to put some time and effort in learning how to use AM and try to continually develop your skills, and if you have enough creativity, you can create phantastic complex games with it. :)

So if you need help, why don't you ask here your specific questions or make a request for a small tutorial instead of making such a poll?

And finally, if you focus on game genres for which AM is not designed for, you can decide to use another software. But even this wouldn't be a reason to hate AM :wink:
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

"Stuff"

Postby Blakmagik » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:27 pm

Like scheems,and frames,and objects. I only have the free virsion,so i can't use plug-ins. It's way too much!!!
Blakmagik

Postby Mystery » Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:36 pm

Yes, of course your possibilities are limited if you work with a free version. Still there are some puzzles that you can use without scripting (you have probably seen the 2 examples in the help files).

And yes there are not many frames and objects included in AM, but I find it more interesting to make own stuff instead of using default stuff.
You can use any software you want (or you can afford) to make your screens and objects, there are also some free software available (and also free 3D objects that you can use with your software). Or you can also work with photos.
Mystery

Photos

Postby Blakmagik » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:16 pm

I tried photos,but it said i could not use them!!!! P.S. Hey mystery,do you have any games? Full version?
Blakmagik

Postby Mystery » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:37 pm

Make sure that your photos have a file format that is useable for AM. I used photos for my very first trial project aswell so I can confirm that it works.

Sure I have games and I use the full version.
Mystery

Photos

Postby Blakmagik » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:17 pm

How do i change the file type,i'm only 13 so i don't know,but i know a lot of other stuff.
Blakmagik

Postby Mystery » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:06 am

What file type did you use when you tried to use your photos? Adventure Maker supports JPG, BMP and GIF.
Now if you need to convert from another format it depends what software can be used for that. I often use IrfanView but I don't know what file types you have.
If you used a file type that is supported by Adventure Maker, what error message did you get?
Mystery

Photos

Postby Blakmagik » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:31 pm

It said,"Warning,overflow error",or somthing like that.
Blakmagik

?

Postby Blakmagik » Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:06 am

You there???
Blakmagik

Postby Mystery » Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:28 am

Yes, I have read you post. However I'm not sure why this message showed up for you. I wanted to let someone answer who has an idea :wink:
Mystery

Postby Candle » Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:48 am

Your pictures are to big and you need to resize them
Biggest you can have is 800x600.
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Return to Working Together