Multiple dialoges

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Multiple dialoges

Postby LindaCat » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:09 pm

In my rooms / sceens there will be more than one character to talk to, and some of them will need a second dialogue dependig upon items picked up or other characters spoken to etc. As fas as I can work out only one dialoge is possible per sceen / room. How would I go about connecting separate dialoges to hotspots? I thought I could then have several as hotspots may be placed on top of each other and removed after each click. Or is there another way?

Also, is there a way to make the dialog text more attractive? I should like to use coloured fonts and display them on transparent bgds.[/b]
LindaCat

Postby Candle » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:40 am

I would use the Variables to show hide the hotspots as you need them.

And changing colors
EXAMPLES:

To change to "Times New Roman" the font of the messages that appear at the bottom of the screen, use the following code:
MessageObject.FontName = "Times New Roman"

To change the size of the text displayed at the bottom of the screen, use the following code:
MessageObject.FontSize = 20

To change the color of the text displayed at the bottom of the screen, use the following code:
MessageObject.ForeColor = RGB(0,0,255)

To change what it is written on the "Exit" button of the menu that appears when you press "Esc" during the game, use the following code:
ExitMenuObject.Caption = "ENTER_SOME_TEXT_HERE"

To change the font of the questions that appear in the conversations created with the Dialogue Wizard, use the following code:
For Each X in DialogueObject
X.FontName = "Times New Roman"
X.FontSize = 20
X.FontUnderline = True
Next

http://www.adventuremaker.com/help/vbscript_objects.htm
Candle
Administrator

Postby LindaCat » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:02 pm

Thanks. Lots of useful information regarding the fonts which will come in handy. However my main problem was several dialoges in the same room... Any sugestions?
LindaCat

Postby Candle » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:16 pm

Put a hotspot on each person that goes to their dialoge (new frame) when the dialoge is done have it return to the main frame and remove that hotspot .
Best I can think of? maybe someone else knows a better way.
Candle
Administrator

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion