ANIMATED GIFS: THEY LOOK GREAT!

This forum is meant for discussing the creation of software for the PSP.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

ANIMATED GIFS: THEY LOOK GREAT!

Postby filmfreakk » Wed May 03, 2006 5:33 am

i created a short intro to my current game, 'assassin,' using macromedia flash. i converted it to an animated gif and transferred it to adventure maker. unfortunately, there the gif does not play. it only shows the first frame and that's it! even when i test play the game, it treats the gif as a normal picture, only displaying the first frame of the animation. someone, please help!
filmfreakk

Postby filmfreakk » Thu May 04, 2006 12:41 am

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! I BEG UUU!!!!!!
'Life is like a roller coaster. It has ups and downs. Twists and turns. And it always feels better with someone sitting next to you.'
filmfreakk

Postby Mystery » Thu May 04, 2006 12:46 am

A silly question, but have you checked the option that this is an animated picture in the hotspot properties? Or is this different for PSP?
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

hmmm....

Postby filmfreakk » Thu May 04, 2006 12:55 am

firstly, thank you SO MUCH for the help.

where wud this button be?
'Life is like a roller coaster. It has ups and downs. Twists and turns. And it always feels better with someone sitting next to you.'
filmfreakk

Postby Mystery » Thu May 04, 2006 1:01 am

Well to be honest, I never made a game for PSP but for pc. So I have no idea what the difference is...
But if you make games for pc you can load a picture into a hotspot by using the hotspot properties window (rightclick the hotspot with the mouse). And as you choose which picture you want to be in the hotspot, there is an option for animated gifs that you can check. However, as I learnt animated gifs can't be loaded into a hotspot with VBScript.

That's all I know, and if there are huge differences when creating games for PSP, I can't help you because I have never done that.
Mystery

Postby GM-Support » Thu May 04, 2006 11:27 pm

Hi,

When creating software for the PSP, the Animated GIF's will look static during testing under Windows, but they will be animated when played on the PSP.

Did you try to compile your game and play it on the PSP?

GM-Support
GM-Support

yupp.

Postby filmfreakk » Sat May 06, 2006 7:52 pm

yes. i finally got it to work. thnx, guys!
filmfreakk

Postby lmtlmt » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:17 am

i have made a demo but when it gets put on my psp the pictuers dont show, its got a box in the top corner with a red x through it please helpp.s i also have some gifs in mine but i only have the free version can the gifs still move in this version
lmtlmt

HEY

Postby chad123261 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:33 pm

when i use macromedia flash and change it to a GIF it stayed at a GIF and i cliked to see it and it showed the first frame dang it
chad123261
Frequent Poster

Postby dunb » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:29 am

lmtlmt wrote:i have made a demo but when it gets put on my psp the pictuers dont show, its got a box in the top corner with a red x through it please helpp.s i also have some gifs in mine but i only have the free version can the gifs still move in this version

I got the box with a red x on it too, but it only does that with bmp files, when I use jpg files it works fine. gifs also seem to work good, but only when on PSP, they don't do anything when you test in windows.
Experience is something you don't get until right after you need it.
dunb

Location: In front of my PC. If I'm not there, ask me where I am when I get back.

Return to Creating Software for the PSP