Hello. Can I get some advice?

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Hello. Can I get some advice?

Postby Blackshade » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:45 am

Hi, Blackshade here. I downloaded the free edition a few days ago and have been experimenting around with it ever since. The tutorials work fine, but now that I've tried to create a couple of simple games, I've run into a few problems.

1. When I import an image I've created into a frame, it seems to be pushed over to the left, leaving a large area of background on the right. Is there some way to 'center' the image, or make it fit the window exactly?

2. Once I've added text to an image and clicked oK, is it possible to go back and either delete or alter the text afterwards?

3. When actually I play the game, it looks much larger than it does in the preview (and much larger than the central image was originally created in Photoshop). Is there someway to reduce the size of the frame when the game is in play?

Thanks in advance.

Blackshade.
Blackshade

Answer

Postby Harvester » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:20 pm

Hi,

I hope I can answer your questions correctly, if not please someone correct me.

1. As you mentioned you have photoshop: resize the image to fit it to the resolution you have set for your game, or (I'm not sure that's possible) change the game's resolution equal to your picture's resolution. It can also be done in other programs.

2. I don't really understand a question, but that might be due to the lack of my knowledge. If you added a text in AM, I guess you should be able to delete it somehow.

3. Try with changing the resolution of the game. I hope that helps.
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby GM-Support » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:02 am

Hi,

I concur with what Harvester said.

By the way, you can also resize your pictures by using the free tool that is included in the Adventure Maker package called "Batch picture resize and compress". You will find it in "Start Menu > All Programs > Adventure Maker v4.2.0 > Tools > Batch picture resize and compress".

In case you wonder, to change the resolution of your game, just change the "frame size" from the Project Properties window.

To alter the text that you have added with Adventure Maker, either double-click on it, or right-click on it and then click "Modify" from the popup menu. You will also be able to delete it by right-clicking on it and choosing remove from the popup menu.

Best regards,
GM-Support
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Blackshade » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:14 am

Thanks very much for the information, guys. That was a great help.

Ciao, M.
Blackshade

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion