Introducing the Adventure Maker WIKI !

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Introducing the Adventure Maker WIKI !

Postby GM-Support » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:31 pm

Hi all!

I am glad to inform you that the Adventure Maker WIKI is now online!

You can access it from the following URL:
http://www.adventuremaker.com/wiki

Consult the User's Guide for information on using it.

Important: When you create your account on the Wiki, please use the same name as in this forum (I used the name "GM-Support"), so that we can recognize each other and communicate better.

If you wish to be a wiki moderator, please create an account and then send me a private message so that I can promote you to that status.

As soon as the wiki is mature enough, I will link to it from the Adventure Maker website.

Best regards,
GM-Support
Last edited by GM-Support on Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby mhs12grade1992 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:26 pm

Hey! That's very cool site. Sounds like you are using Wiki as your website templates. I like how that looks. Yes, I knew about that site. That is part of encyclopedia Wiki Media that I have seen on Google (link on the site).

If that is template web, then I will switch my template to Wiki template on Deaf Classified website.

Yes, I am deaf and do signing.
Jay
mhs12grade1992

Postby LindaCat » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:10 pm

I'm just very stupid, but what on earth is this? :oops:
LindaCat

Postby GM-Support » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:49 pm

Hi LindaCat,

A wiki is a website that can be modified by anybody, in order to add more information for the community.

One of the most fameous wikis is Wikipedia (www.wikipedia.org), the online encyclopaedia. This Adventure Maker wiki looks like Wikipedia because both Wikipedia and this wiki are based on the free framework for creating wikis named "MediaWiki" (www.mediawiki.org). However, it has nothing to do with wikipedia except the fact that everybody can modify the pages, and that you can do searches.

I have already started adding stuff to the wiki, and you are all invited to add stuff too.

For example, I have recently added 21 new PSP games to the "PSP Games" section:
http://www.adventuremaker.com/wiki/inde ... =PSP_Games

I have not added the Windows games yet, but you are invited to add your games if you have time.

Best regards,
GM-Support
GM-Support

Postby LindaCat » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:53 pm

Thanks. I am a little wiser, I think. :)
What I have been wanting is a way to search for people's posted problems with answered solutions. I'm sure my questions aren't all unique, so before posting them, I could quickly search for everything HotSpots or Items or whatever. Can I do that on the wiki-site when windowgames have been added?
LindaCat

Postby GM-Support » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:13 am

The "windows games" section contains links to downloadable games created by Adventure Maker users.

There will be more and more questions and answers in the other sections of the wiki, so, yes, you will be able to search for such things by using the search field that is on the left of the wiki home page.

Best regards,
GM-Support
GM-Support

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion