Adventure Maker for Playstation 3?

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Adventure Maker for Playstation 3?

Postby mhs12grade1992 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:12 pm

Hello,

I have good feeling that GM-Support will implement AM games for PS3. Why? Because I saw full OS features on PS3 the same as on PSP.

You all know what PSP OS looks like, the same more advanced OS on PS3. Adventure Maker is already implemented for PSP mean will be able to implement for PS3. I am surprised Playstation 3 has same OS as PSP!!

Why don't you all of us ask GM-Support to consider this implement for PS3.
mhs12grade1992

Postby RealmWarrior » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:08 pm

The PSP games are just a clever mixture of HTML and Javascript which make use of the PSP's browser. They're not binaries like the Windows games AM creates or the UMD games of the PSP. The PSP games require firmware v2.0 and above because they execute using the web browser that is only available in this (and later) version(s).

The browser available for the Nintendo DS (Lite) and the Wii is "Opera" whose abilities far exceed that of PSP's "NetFront" browser. Both are made by third party companies, though.

AFAIK, the PSP, DS, and Wii, and the PS3 all support HTML / Javascript so they should all be able to run the games to some degree. Each system's browser may or may not exhibit it's own quirks due to how the HTML / Javascript specifications are interpreted.

The bottom line is that you likely are already able to run the PSP games where ever HTML and Javascript is supported. This means all the above platforms (and potentially more) using AM "as-is".

Perhaps try it yourself, and report back. :wink:
RealmWarrior

Postby chad123261 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:56 am

nintendo ds, a browser, for nintendo ds!!!!!!
chad123261
Frequent Poster

Postby jeffer012 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:07 am

If i wanted to try to put a game on a DS, how would i do that? Since when you open the program, it tries to find a PSP to put it on. So how do i save it to a ds? Also, since you cant connect the ds to your pc....
jeffer012
Games Page Administrator

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion