You CODE-WIZARDS out there: Can you give me some more help?

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

You CODE-WIZARDS out there: Can you give me some more help?

Postby LindaCat » Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:29 am

I have three ALMOST identical frames:
one BEFORE-action1 - which I?ll call ?FRAME A? here,
one AFTER-action1 as well as BEFORE-action2 - which I?ll call ?FRAME B? here,
and one AFTER-action2 - which I?ll call ?FRAME C? here.

! also have two frames with hotspots (both #4) leading to - which I?ll call ?FRAME ONE? and ?FRAME TWO here.

And finally I have two frames which are the conclusions of actions 1 and 2 - which I?ll call ?FRAME X? and ?FRAME Y? here, both with a single ?exit hotspot? called #1

Now I need some code to attach to the #4-hotspots in frames ?FRAME ONE? and ?FRAME TWO?, something like:
If #1 in FRAME X is not clicked, go to FRAME A
If #1 in FRAME X is clicked, go to FRAME B
If #1 in FRAME X is clicked, go to FRAME C (??)

And perhaps something ?in reply? for the #1s in ?FRAME X? and ?FRAMEY?.

I?ve thought of making the hotspots visible or invisible (value0 or value1), but then I assume the player of the game will execute the action I mention, and I can?t assume that, or else I give the solution away.

I have this same dilemma pop up in some 18 different places, so I really need a solution which I can re-use. :?
LindaCat

Postby jeffer012 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:54 pm

This is very complicated and hard to understand. If you could give an example from your project it might clear things up and i might be able to help
jeffer012
Games Page Administrator

Postby LindaCat » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:53 am

OK, I'll try.
Say I have a frame with a large Westward view and a small person in the distance. Clicking on the person's hotspot brings you to a close-up with a dialogue. During that dialogue, the person changes position. The next time you enters The Westward view it will be changed, as the person in the distance looks different. In other words. How can I make sure that it's the "correct" Westward view one gets to, depending on wether or not one has initially clicked on the distant person?

Thanks for caring. :)
LindaCat

Postby jeffer012 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:56 pm

Ok, I think i get it now. Ill try to expain in the way i understand it. In the hotspot properties of the person in the first position, make a variable (for example "person") become 1 when you click it. Then in the hotspot before before the westward view(before you see the person) that takes you to the wesward view, put code in the vbscript section saying

If person=0 Then
Action.GoToFrame "person in first position"
Else If person = 1
Action.GoToFrame "person in second position"
End If
End If
**Remember that the frame names and variables are just examples so you can understand it.

Hope this helps, if you need any more help, just ask. :)
jeffer012
Games Page Administrator

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion