PROBLEMS WITH ICONS

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

PROBLEMS WITH ICONS

Postby Kuka » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:37 pm

Hi, I already tried every possibilities and still I can't have my icons bigger then 32x32. I made some icons in IconCool Editor in 100x100 resolution, I imported them to AM, but when I run the game, icons show up very small - in 32x32. Is there any way to have my icons bigger? In 100x100 resolution??? PLEASE, HELP ME WITH THIS!
Kuka

Postby Candle » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:47 pm

Please don't shout in your subject field.
If you mean in your inventory I don' think you can.
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby Kuka » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:16 pm

Thanks, I didn't mean in inventory. When my cursore is going over one hotspot I would like it to change into a big eye. Bigger than 32x32. But it is impossible, everytime I add some of my own cursore or icone in resolution bigger than 32x32, AM just automatically resize it. So, my question is, if there is any possibility to avoid it - for example using script language?...or anything, I am desperate!!!
Kuka

Postby Candle » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:42 pm

I'm not sure as I had the same thing happen to me the other day too.
Maybe a bug? have to wait and see what GM has to say.
``````````````
Candle
Administrator

Postby Kuka » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:10 am

Here is what I've found in AM manual:
"- Files used for the mouse cursor: their size must be 32x32 (if the size is bigger, it will be automatically resized to fit 32x32), and their color depth (...)"

So, it's not a bug, it is just the way AM is programmed. I am so desperate to find a way to overcome this stupid rule. There has to be some way to have cursor icons in bigger resolution. Please, anyone, help!
Kuka

Postby Candle » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:01 am

You can try this but not sure if it will use your 100x100 size icon?
Code: Select all
Similar to the Action.LoadAPicture command, but for more advanced users. It loads a graphic file from the "Areas" sub-folder of the project folder into a property. For example, to change the cursor that is associated with the hotspot number 5, you should type:

Hotspot(5).MouseIcon = LoadGraphicFile("FILENAME")
   Hotspot(5).MousePointer = 99

where FILENAME is the name of the graphic file, located inside the "Hotspot Graphic Files" sub-folder of the "Project Resources", which corresponds to the directory "c:\...\PROJECTNAME\Areas". The supported graphic types are: BMP, JPG, GIF (not animated), WMF, EMF, ICO and CUR. Replace FILENAME with an empty string to unload the picture.

http://www.adventuremaker.com/help/vbsc ... erence.htm
``````````````
Candle
Administrator

Postby Kuka » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:50 pm

:x This script supports just *.ico and *.cur files. Loading any other mentioned graphic files turns out a message box saying: "The scripting engine returned following error message: Invalid property value". Iˇve tried all possible resolutions of ico and cur files, but everytime AM resize it to 32x32, so the effect is the same as before. So I guess it is just impossible to have bigger mouse cursors than 32x32 in AM. Aaaah, what a shame... :cry: But thanks anyway, Candle. Thank you.
Kuka

Postby Bzyk » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:52 pm

Yes, interesting question.

The icons 32x32 are too small (in Inventory you can use bigger icons, but they change into 32x32, when you try to use any object). Besides AM is not working with icons in 32bpp (true color + alpha).

Because of these two questions I have a terrible problem with icons - often they are illegible. :(

Maybe GM can fix it?
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter...
Bzyk
Frequent Poster

Postby Kuka » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:33 am

PLEASE, PLEASE, GM!!! Fix it for us!
Kuka

Postby LindaCat » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:37 am

This is very odd. I've used 48x48 icons both in inventory and frames. No problem. They are set as "Hi-color" not XP, and there is alphachannel. I use Micoangelo/Creation to produce icons and use icons for both cursors and icons...
Just made a test for a 100x100 icon:
In the inventory it comes out full size provided you adjust the vertical space from 10 to 50, but in the frame it's 32x32, default, unless I make it 48x48 instead of 100x100. One way around this is to choose picture for your hotspot and then use your 100x100 jpg or gif image.

Hope this was of some help. :)
LindaCat

Postby Kuka » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:26 am

Thanks, Linda Cat. But 48x48 is still not enough. I do not really understand your suggestion about the "one way around". How can I make a cursor from jpg file? I think it is not possible in AM.
Kuka

Postby Kuka » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:44 am

And no matter what, I just can't get icons and cursors bigger than 32x32. I have and icon of the eye in resolution 48x48. I set up in hotspot properties to change mouse cursor into the eye icon, but it still appears in 32x32. I can't believe this is just IT. That there is no other chance to have mouse cursors changing into bigger stuff than 32x32 when going over hotspot.
Kuka

Postby Candle » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:55 am

maybe in the next version that can be done? just have to wait and see what happens.
Please edit your post next time.
``````````````
Candle
Administrator

Postby Kuka » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:09 pm

Are you really that optimistic? It should be done though. I wonder how is it possible, that until now nobody complained about the limitation of icon's size. Is there any way to officialy ask the authorities for fixing this problem in the next version of AM?
Kuka

Postby Bzyk » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:24 am

Kuka wrote:Is there any way to officialy ask the authorities for fixing this problem in the next version of AM?

With all due respect to the authors - I don't think so. A long time ago I asked about some bug in AM - I wrote posts on this forum, mails and private messages to GM. And up to this day there is no answer. Not a single word! I feel ~did I just say that~ off, because I paid for full version of AM and thougt, that there will be any support. I was wrong, so I feel a little cheated. :(
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter...
Bzyk
Frequent Poster

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion