Three announcements

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Three announcements

Postby GM-Support » Wed May 30, 2007 6:24 pm

Dear friends, Dear forum members, Dear AM users,

Today is a great day. A day that I have been looking forward to for many months. Today is the day when I am announcing three major things.

The first announcement is that I am back: I am not just back to write this message, I am back to stay! This means that, after more than one year and a half of no new major versions or activity on Adventure Maker, I am back to develop new versions, I am back to update the website, I am back to reply to your emails, and I am back to provide support on the forums.

When I was away, I rarely had the opportunity to visit the forums, but when I did, I was always very happy to see that most of you have remained active. This really contributed to my decision to keep working on Adventure Maker, and I want to thank all of you for that. Thank you for staying on the forums, thank you for developing new games and plugins, thank you for providing support to the other users, and thank you for your patience in waiting for answers to the emails you sent me. I still have tons of emails waiting in my inbox, but rest assured that I will answer all of them, no matter how long it is going to take.

The second announcement is that I have realized how important it is to make Adventure Maker compatible with Windows Vista, and how sad it would be if you had to abandon your projects because of your customers not being able to run them. Well, today I want to tell you one thing: the next version of Adventure Maker is going to be... vista-compatible! And that's not all: this is going to happen in version 4.3, which means that all the current user of Adventure Maker v4.x (the vast majority of you) will be able to update for... FREE!

The third and last announcement today is a hot one. You won't have to wait years to get the new version of Adventure Maker. Nor will you have to wait months, nor even weeks. In fact, the next version of Adventure Maker (beta1, panoramas not yet compatible) is available... today!!! You can grab it here, and you can start developing for Windows Vista right now!

I hope this is good news for all of you, at least as much as it is for me.

If you had to remember just one thing from this post, please remember that today Adventure Maker is no longer threatened with extinction. It has recovered, it is alive, and this is just the beginning! So, please stay with me, fasten your seat belts, get ready to create amazing games and to play other people's games, because... ADVENTURE MAKER IS BACK! :D

GM-Support :)
(Giovanni A.)
Last edited by GM-Support on Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Candle » Wed May 30, 2007 6:29 pm

Welcome back GM.. looks like you have things working again.
Here is a rapidshare mirror if you like to download from rapidshare.
Last edited by Candle on Wed May 30, 2007 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Glad

Postby Harvester » Wed May 30, 2007 7:46 pm

Happy to see you back here :)
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby ShadowHunter » Wed May 30, 2007 8:43 pm

Welcome back GM,

This post is the first thing that brings a smile to my face today :D

Super to hear from you again... I almost gave up hope :wink:

With best regards,

ShAdOwHuNtEr
ShadowHunter

Postby AncientRein » Wed May 30, 2007 9:52 pm

This is the best news I have heard in a long time!

thank you gm for a great product
and thank you for all your hard work.

welcome back!!
AncientRein
AncientRein

Postby CBSection31 » Thu May 31, 2007 4:44 am

Excellent news, GM!!! I had been worried that this project would die. Welcome back!!!!!! :D
CBSection31
Code Master

Postby Imari » Thu May 31, 2007 2:46 pm

Whoa, what great news! It's so reassuring to have you back, GM. You were sorely missed.
Imari
VIP

Postby Mikael » Thu May 31, 2007 7:55 pm

This is very good news indeed! Yipee!

I have one simple question: Does this mean that I can make my older games (version 3.x) Vista compatible? That is, through loading the project in version 4.3 and creating a new .exe file? That would be terrific.

Mikael
Mikael

Postby GM-Support » Thu May 31, 2007 10:36 pm

Hi Candle, ShadowHunter, Harvester, AncientRein, CBSection31, Imari, and Mikael!

Thanks a lot for your messages! I am very happy to be with you again!

To Mikael: yes, if the projects worked with AM v4.2 on Windows XP , they will work on Vista too! Just load them on v4.3 and recompile the exe. :)

GM-Support
GM-Support

Postby MarkSA » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:42 am

Welcome back :D

I almost gave up on any further development of AM.
MarkSA
Frequent Poster

Welcome back

Postby Walter » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:08 am

Great news, I almost gave up hope.
Walter

Postby Mikael » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:10 am

I've now loaded two of my older projects (both AM 3.5) in 4.3, and recompiled them, with no problem whatsoever. I have some Vista users testing them at the moment (I don't use it myself, so I can't try it here.)

I'm sure they will work fine.
Mikael

Postby GM-Support » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:31 pm

Hi MarkSA and Walter, thanks for welcoming me back!

Thank you Mikael for the good news about the vista tests!

GM-Support
GM-Support

Postby Mikael » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:59 am

I have now received comments from the people beta testing two of my older games with Windows Vista. The games have been recompiled with AM 4.3 to be compatible with Vista. Both games had severe sound problems and error messages popping up constantly in Vista when compiled with prior versions of AM.

The result is astonishing. The sound is perfect without any stuttering, no error messages has appeared, and the games run flawlessly in all other aspects

This is fantastic! Thanks a million GM for solving this very unsettling problem in the best possible manner.

Mikael
Mikael

Postby GM-Support » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:30 pm

Thanks a lot! I am glad it works fine!

GM-Support
GM-Support

Postby GM-Support » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:27 pm

Hi all,

If you happen to find any bugs under Windows Vista, please let me know as soon as possible, because we have only a few days before the beta goes final.

Thanks,

GM-Support
GM-Support

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion