Transfert project from a computer to another

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Transfert project from a computer to another

Postby Roland1958 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:31 pm

Hi,
I have 2 computers, the one I work with AM on is old and sometimes I have problem with. I have install AM on my new computer and make backup of my project. But something strange happens when I try to work on the second computer. When I Test some frames Hotspot are not updated. When I delete all hotspot on the frame, when I test this frame, AM don't uptade and display the frame exactly as it was before my changes.
I don't understand why. Where are the data about frames? Why AM don't remember my changes on the frame? Please I need help because I work on this projet since 6 nmonth and I afraid my old computer crach definetly.

Thx
Roland1958

Postby Mystery » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:38 am

The data of your game are saved in the project folder.
Did you put the whole project folder (including the folders Areas, Components, Config, External, Frames, FramesData, Icons, Root, Temp, Thumbnails, plus the file project data) into Adventure Maker on your new pc?
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Candle » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:59 am

make sure you update the new computer with the new video drives and any codec's you may have use on the old computer.
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby Roland1958 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:36 am

Thx Mystery and Candle for your reply.

Mystery
Sure I did. I moved the projet folder from my old pc too the new one and all that is included in.

Candle
I m not sure is a codec problem. On my computer 2 if I run the projet, I have no audio or video problem.
The problem is when I work on the Frames management window. For exemple I delete all the hotspot on the frame and when I teste it All hotspot and properties are always activ on the frame! Can you say me where the frame data about hotspots are stored? Because when I teste frames, if hotspots works in spite of I delete them in frame management windows it s mean the data are somewhere and not deleted.

Is the project size can be create problems?
Sometimes I have messages error who said "Temp folder is not empty..." or if I open "Project Frames (all)" in frames management "error updating the thumbnail Out of memory"... But I don't understand why I have this message I have 2 go ram memory and only 384 mgb are used and video card with 256 mgb.
Roland1958

Postby Roland1958 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:43 am

Hi again.

I just testing something.
In my last post I asked where data about frames are stored.
I went to framesData folder and deleted the file who links too the frame where I deleted all the hotspots on in frames management window. Now when I test the frame all hotspots disapeared. It means all frames data are in the framesData folder in project folder. Ok.. But what I don't understand is why frames data in FramesData folder are not updating automaticaly on my computer2.
What do you think about that Candle?
Roland1958

Postby Roland1958 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:13 pm

I Definitively don't understand how frame data works.
I have deleted the framesData folder on my second pc and replace it.
Normaly all frames data could be correct. But when I test the frame where in the first computer there are 3 hotspots, on the second computer the frame is totaly empty!
Roland1958

Postby Mystery » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:15 pm

That's really odd...
Guess maybe GM might know more about it...
Mystery

Postby GM-Support » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:47 pm

Hi,

The "Frames" folder contains the "Frame Properties" info (.fme), the number of hotspots (.lks) and the frame background picture (.jpg, .gif, etc.).

The "FramesData" folder contains the "Hotspot Properties" information (.fm2 for the hotspot appearance and .fm3 for the hotspot actions), and the frame text (.fm1).

Please make sure that while copying the files and the folders from the backup, none of them became read-only.

To verify this, click Start->Search and search for ALL the files and folders located inside your project folder and subfolders. When the (huge) list of results appears, select all of them with Ctrl+A, and view their common properties by right-clicking and clicking "Properties" (make sure not to open them with the Enter key, otherwise you will have hundreds of windows popping up...). Then, uncheck the "Read-only" checkbox, and choose to apply the changes to all the files.

Hope it helps,
GM-Support
GM-Support

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion