Escape from Weston for windows

This forum is meant for announcing games (both under development and finished).

Moderators: Vengeance66, Harvester, GM-Support, reneuend, Lyberodoggy, Candle, Mystery, ShadowHunter

Escape from Weston for windows

Postby DauntlessDesign » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:46 am

Hello, I'm new to the forum, but have been working with Adventure Maker for quite some time. I am working on a game which will consist of 3 or 4 chapters, but a demo containing all of chapter 1 is complete and can be downloaded below.

Here are some features:

You are a young carpenter living by yourself in the outskirts of Weston, a once peaceful town of virtue and justice, which is slowly becoming corrupt and is also constantly under attack by barbarian tribes of "wanderers." Every week, you bring food and supplies to a family of people living in the eastern plains. They are outcasts of their own "barbarian" tribe, and have fled their people to start a new peaceful life and create their own identity. The Elders of your town have not recognized them as different from the other barbarians, and consider them still the enemy. You are thrown in the dungeon for helping them, and must find a way to escape it, and then the town. Guards will be on your tail throughout the game, but sometimes you will find unlikely allies.

More features:

* An escape game set in a unique early medieval setting. Future games will be set in the same world and will build up on this setting.

* A plot involving ethical questions, and with a few interesting characters. Something that many escape games don't have, and parts of it will feel more like an old adventure game like Shadowgate, LucasArts games, Sierra, and other old DOS games.

* Find objects that you need to escape. Some are in plain view, others are hidden. Combine objects to make new objects. The environment is populated with many objects and things to grab your attention. Only some of these objects will be useful, and some can even be dangerous.

* Realistic interaction. Close doors behind you. Open doors in a dark room to allow light in to find hidden clues. Light torches along a dark hallway to see everything, but be careful, because it might draw the attention of guards.

* Semi non-linear game progression. The environment changes based on your actions. There can be several ways to beat the game. You can tackle puzzles in different order. You can use harmful objects on friendlies and see what happens (but since this game does not reward the wicked, you will probably get a game over).

* Sound effects for nearly every action. Atmospheric soundscapes. Hear the clanging of shackles in a dungeon, the grumbles and moans of prisoners, the footsteps of guards approaching, the rushing of water in a sewer, etc.

* Custom music, created just for this game.

I have no actual training in game design and everything I do is self taught, and am learning as I go. I'm trying to make something unique with my own music, artwork and sound effects. All of the artwork is mine, all of the music I have composed, and most of the sound effects are mine as well. In the future I hope to create more detailed games but I figure this is a good starting point. Thanks for looking at my work and I hope people enjoy it.

I have a website for this game which also has more details, some of the music, many more screens, and a blog as well as forum.

www.dauntlessdesign.webs.com

Here is a trailer of the game:

http://youtu.be/QAROcK2sBv8

Here is the link for the download:

http://dauntlessdesign.webs.com/downloads.htm
Attachments
collage2.jpg
collage2.jpg (99.95 KiB) Viewed 1921 times
collage1.jpg
collage1.jpg (105.18 KiB) Viewed 1921 times
Last edited by DauntlessDesign on Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DauntlessDesign

Postby mercedes » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:11 am

Nicely done!....great images..:D..
Unfortunately I can't download anything at this time.. if its still available later this month..I'll dl and play..:D:D
mercedes
VIP

Postby Vengeance66 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:27 am

Interesting images...

I'm looking forward to see your game... ;)
Stay a while and listen...

Rainbow Enterainment - http://rainbowenter.com/
Vengeance66
Administrator

Postby DauntlessDesign » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:07 pm

Vengeance66 wrote:Interesting images...

I'm looking forward to see your game... ;)

Thanks. I am going to take a small break and play some of your games and the other ones on here.

Looks like there are many creative people in this community.
DauntlessDesign

Postby Vairon » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:11 pm

Welcome Dauntless!

It's really interesting, it's nice to see fresh blood in the forum with new projects.

Good luck with this project, I hope to download soon.
Vairon
Expert Member

Postby DauntlessDesign » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:08 pm

Thanks again for the welcomes. I said it would be done this week and im trying for that but I noticed a few bugs near the beginning that I never noticed before (very obscure bugs that are hard to reproduce, Im sure many have experienced this) however I want things to be as perfect as I can get them. While spending time doing that I also decided to end the first chapter with a new room and a few surprises. So far I have had about 10 people play it and the average person takes 45 minutes to beat it. That does not include the over 20 minutes of videos.
DauntlessDesign

Postby DauntlessDesign » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:57 am

I edited my original post to include a link to a trailer of the game, at the bottom. It includes some of my original music.

As I type this I am uploading the game to Gamefront. I will have it ready for all to download tomorrow morning.

Thanks for checking out my game.
DauntlessDesign

Postby DauntlessDesign » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:10 pm

The game is done and has been uploaded. Original post has the download link. Hope it works for everyone. Thanks.
DauntlessDesign

Postby reneuend » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:32 am

Looks very interesting! I'll download it and try it as soon as I get my taxes out of the way! :?
---

See my work at http://www.hickchickgames.com (site under construction)
reneuend
Administrator

Postby DauntlessDesign » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:04 pm

Has anyone played it? I see 13 downloads total but the funny thing is they are all anonymous and no one has mentioned it to me. I want to make sure it is running right and people are able to beat it.
DauntlessDesign

Postby reneuend » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:12 am

I downloaded all the game, divx player, and klite, but I haven't had enough time set it all up and try it out yet.
---

See my work at http://www.hickchickgames.com (site under construction)
reneuend
Administrator

Return to New Games Announcements